What audio interfaces are you guys using?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Re: What audio interfaces are you guys using?

Post by 102455 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:56 pm

My two main interfaces (ones that are not DJ kit) are:

Lexicon IONIX U82S for my laptop. The new version - same kit, new name - is known as the I-O|82.
Yamaha n12 mixing desk with built in 16 channel FireWire audio interface and transport section for DAWs.

Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:56 pm

RME Fireface UC. It sounds great and TotalMix lets me do all the routing I need for teaching online.

aisling

Post by aisling » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:27 am

the new motu 828x with thunderbolt has piped my interest, as I am in the market for a new interface in 2014. I have always had rather good results with motu gear in the past.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:30 am

Electric Blue Studios wrote:I've been using a Prism Orpheus for the last couple of years.
Well pooty poo to you! :lol:

Actually, I'm sure it's awesome. Something I can add to the NEVER going to happen category for me :cry:

ejlif

Post by ejlif » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:45 am

metric halo LIO 8

Electric Blue Studios

Post by Electric Blue Studios » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:20 pm

eyeknow wrote: Something I can add to the NEVER going to happen category for me :cry:
never say never :)

reeloy

Post by reeloy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:49 pm

...metric halo 2882 with 2d expander dsp....

one sample in....one sample out.....how do you spell latency...?....i almost forgot....

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:00 am

Electric Blue Studios wrote:
eyeknow wrote: Something I can add to the NEVER going to happen category for me :cry:
never say never :)
At that price, never. I'm not a guru enough musically to justify that coin even though I know it smokes the low endish stuff I have. Or are you predicting I'll win the lottery? :mrgreen:

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:12 am

RME Multiface II

Ill Frequencies

Post by Ill Frequencies » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:00 am

Apogee Duet 2 :)

Nick Shepherd

Post by Nick Shepherd » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:30 pm

still my good old MOTU Ultralite :)

it does the job for me, even though i sometimes have to urge to buy a RME from time to time *g*

tecgen

Post by tecgen » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:50 pm

RME Fireface UCX, best audio interface I know :D

Terratec Phase X24 FW, Terratec Phase 24 FW cheap interface with good sound, but old not very reliable drivers

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:50 pm

Ill Frequencies wrote:Apogee Duet 2 :)
i just switched and i'm really happy with the results. i'm not a huge fan of the break away cable setup but i paid for the converters...

how are you liking yours?

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:04 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Personally, I use a shitty m-audio fast track pro. I've seen plenty of people with issues with theirs. Mine works great.... quality aside.

But I've definitely been eyeing up the USB Focusrite devices. Especially that 2i4. Bus powered USB. And I don't give a rip what anyone says, fw is on it's way out. I would rather be able to connect my device on every possible computing device in my possession now and in the future, than have to wonder if my newest computer will need a FW card.

Hell, even iPhones and iPads support USB (well..... To eat my own comment, this Does require a converting connector and powered USB hub).

And the price is in the sweet spot :P
That's funny. I've been using the M Audio Fast a track pro for a long time too. Mine is all fucked up. Only 1 of the inputs work, the pots are crackly as fuck and the drivers are all jacked up. It can only run in 16 bit mode and the sp dif connects are greed out in preferences. It did do well for me for quite a while. I'm over it though.

I just ordered a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 from ProAudioStar brand new for $138. It's coming tomorrow. I'm pretty pumped about it. I've heard the Focusrite pres are lovely and I've read that it works with ipad if you use a powered hub. I did a ton of research on audio interfaces for a long time. I want the Duet 2 but don't have the $ at the moment. Also, the Focusrite Forte was looking pretty sweet. I was also checking out the Roland duo capture an Komplete Audio 6 but decided to go with the 2i4.

I'll report back once it gets here.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:09 pm

I have the Focusrite 18i8, and it is indeed a sound of beauty....:)
Theo Void wrote:
yur2die4 wrote:Personally, I use a shitty m-audio fast track pro. I've seen plenty of people with issues with theirs. Mine works great.... quality aside.

But I've definitely been eyeing up the USB Focusrite devices. Especially that 2i4. Bus powered USB. And I don't give a rip what anyone says, fw is on it's way out. I would rather be able to connect my device on every possible computing device in my possession now and in the future, than have to wonder if my newest computer will need a FW card.

Hell, even iPhones and iPads support USB (well..... To eat my own comment, this Does require a converting connector and powered USB hub).

And the price is in the sweet spot :P
That's funny. I've been using the M Audio Fast a track pro for a long time too. Mine is all fucked up. Only 1 of the inputs work, the pots are crackly as fuck and the drivers are all jacked up. It can only run in 16 bit mode and the sp dif connects are greed out in preferences. It did do well for me for quite a while. I'm over it though.

I just ordered a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 from ProAudioStar brand new for $138. It's coming tomorrow. I'm pretty pumped about it. I've heard the Focusrite pres are lovely and I've read that it works with ipad if you use a powered hub. I did a ton of research on audio interfaces for a long time. I want the Duet 2 but don't have the $ at the moment. Also, the Focusrite Forte was looking pretty sweet. I was also checking out the Roland duo capture an Komplete Audio 6 but decided to go with the 2i4.

I'll report back once it gets here.