How can I modify Python MIDI script to control Sends volume?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
towers of silence

How can I modify Python MIDI script to control Sends volume?

Post by towers of silence » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:31 pm

I'm trying to modify Myr's NanoKontrol script (http://monome.org/community/discussion/5510/x) so that I can refine some of it's functionality to my own needs. I am having a bit of a hard time figuring out how to do this-
Ideally what I'd like to do is to be able to hold down the shift/modifier button (button 9 of the upper row of buttons) and while I'm holding it the first bank of sliders will change from controlling the volume of tracks 1-8 to controlling the volume of the send tracks.
If this proves to be too difficult I'd be happy shifting the "device control" bank which is currently bank/scene 3 over to bank/scene 4 and replacing it with a dedicated bank of send controls. I also can't figure out quite how to do this.

I have a Push so I really don't need the full functionality of a script like one of Stray's awesome scripts (which I own already and had been using until I got the Push). I like using the sliders on the nanokontrol rather than the knobs on Push to control track volumes and I want a simple straightforward control script to do the few things that I want to accomplish with the device. I've found resources like Hans Petrov's page, but I can't seem to figure out how to edit this existing script. Any help is appreciated!