Where can I find the loops that are played on preview?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
irrelevance

Where can I find the loops that are played on preview?

Post by irrelevance » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 am

I wanted to load in a loop from the drum kit selection preview but loading the drum kit only gives the kit and not the sample loop. Right clicking allows me to search places not explorer so I know that it should be in the loopmasters folder somewhere but a windows search for the loop (from Africa Drum kit) doesn't find anything?

chrk

Re: Where can I find the loops that are played on preview?

Post by chrk » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:45 pm

The previews aren't midi loops but prerecorded ogg files.
Inside the pack's folder theres "Ableton Folder Info\Preview" with more folders underneath.

To stick with your example, you should find the Africa Drum.adg.ogg in
[your library location for packs]\Loopmasters Mixtape\Ableton Folder Info\Previews\Drums\TrackTeam Kits\

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Fantastic thank you!

Martin Gifford

Post by Martin Gifford » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:13 am

I saw a shortcut on a youtube video. Unfortunately, I don't remember the video or shortcut. It would be something like shift click or shift doubleclick or control or alt or something. Either on the little wave file or on the present. Sorry I can't be more helpful. If I find it, I will post it.

t.o'b

Post by t.o'b » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:36 am

irrelevance wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 am
I wanted to load in a loop from the drum kit selection preview but loading the drum kit only gives the kit and not the sample loop. Right clicking allows me to search places not explorer so I know that it should be in the loopmasters folder somewhere but a windows search for the loop (from Africa Drum kit) doesn't find anything?

Goto: Finder

Macintosh HD\Applications\(right click) Ableton Live 10(click Show Package Contents)\Ableton Folder Info\Previews\Drums

Then move the .ogg into a new audio track in Ableton

samirchatterjee

Post by samirchatterjee » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:07 pm

I could locate the .ogg file for the preview I like. I saved that file on my PC desktop. But then it doesn't allow me to drag onto Ableton's audio track. tried to use a converter software but it still doesn't recognize the .ogg file. Wondering how to use the .ogg preview sample's audio to loop.