Recurring crash (Live freezes, play button is stuck green)..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djesa

Recurring crash (Live freezes, play button is stuck green)..

Post by djesa » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Hey, I have already sent in the crash report, but this crash is occuring frequently with me. It is where I am just playing around with a loop while in Arrangement View, then all of a sudden Live freezes and the audio stops. The "Play" button locks itself in green, and I am not able to press play, stop, or get Live to playback anything, it is all stuck. However, I can save the project and use the File menu with no problems. The only thing that works if I force close Live (I get a message "this will stop audio recording"), then turn off and on my soundcard (Xone DB2) and my Push, then I open up Live again and load the project.

This has been happening about 6 times in the last day, sometimes it happens just a few minutes after opening a new project, or it could be a few hours of playing before it happens. Either way, I do not know what is causing it, but it is a recurring issue that I really want to know how to fix. Here are my computer specifications by the way;

Windows 8, i7 processor, 16g RAM, SSD and HDD for audio samples, Live 9.1 64bit, Xone DB2 soundcard, Push midi controller.

I really do not know what is causing this issue, if anybody can give me some clue to what it could be or tips on how to trouble shoot it, it would be great! :?

Pieterrr

Re: Recurring crash (Live freezes, play button is stuck green)..

Post by Pieterrr » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:36 am

upgraded to 9.5 on capitan, and now i've got the same problem...
did you find a solution?

cnevel23

Post by cnevel23 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:27 am

Hello friends of 5 years ago. 2020 sucks - enjoy 2015.

Anyways, I have the problem on Catalina. Tried every version of Ableton I own and using no cracked plug-ins.

Any solutions in the ether?

DMNQ

Post by DMNQ » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:29 pm

I am having the same issue since a couple of days. Please share if you find out why it happens or if it maybe occurs because of a specific plugin..

stugats

Post by stugats » Tue May 11, 2021 3:46 pm

im having this issue too, and i have no clue how to fix this.