The Clyphx Tricks and Tips Thread

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
regretfullySaid

Re: The Clyphx Tricks and Tips Thread

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Try the '[] down ; down ; down' method
ImageImage

aratunes

Post by aratunes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:38 pm

yes, that works! Thank you for your response

also Stray helped out on the beatwise boards, same answer

appreciate you guys, Ara

dpitre1

Post by dpitre1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi folks,

I recently bought an Akai Key 25. I have no use for the default control scripts where the buttons in the grid control clips (which I do not use). What I need to do is customize each button on the controller in the following ways:

• Individually set a button to function as a toggle or momentary modes
• Led the LED for each button act according to the above mode (if set to toggle, button turns on/off accordingly)
• And if possible, change the MIDI value each button sends (MIDI NOte or CC)

Someone recommended I look into Clyphx for this. Can these (or some of them) above be accomplished with Clyphx?

Thanks for any help

Cheers

TomKern

Post by TomKern » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:11 pm

dpitre1 wrote:Hi folks,

I recently bought an Akai Key 25. I have no use for the default control scripts where the buttons in the grid control clips (which I do not use). What I need to do is customize each button on the controller in the following ways:

1:) Individually set a button to function as a toggle or momentary modes
2:) Led the LED for each button act according to the above mode (if set to toggle, button turns on/off accordingly)
3:) And if possible, change the MIDI value each button sends (MIDI NOte or CC)

Someone recommended I look into Clyphx for this. Can these (or some of them) above be accomplished with Clyphx?

Thanks for any help

Cheers
None of the things you mentioned can readily be achieved with ClyphX.

But Bomes MT Pro fits the bill to a T.

But you will probably then want to use ClyphX with Bomes MT.

Basically BomesMT takes care of the tasks you mentioned.
Then partly feeding its MIDI output into Clyphx will give you a great interface to Live, doing things easily that would be impossible with just MIDI assigning things in Live.

---------------------------------------------------
Strike that: (not so much the suggestion to use Bomes MT with ClyphX together - this is still a good suggestion, but the claim that this could not be done with ClyphX alone)

To 1:) How you set this up depends on if your controller sends a Note off message on these buttons via just sending a "0" value or via an actual Note off message.

But toggle versus monetary can be done with separated "Start" vs "Stop" actions. (Momentary) Or in the case of toggle with (PSeq) action lists.

To 2:) You can make clyphx send MIDI messages out from the clyphx control surface back to the controller. You would just need to find out what message value corresponds to which color/light on your controller.

To 3:) You can take one Midi message input as the trigger in Clyphx to output another midi message.

That said, it just seems a bit hacky to me. Bomes MT would make this much simpler IMO 8)

Instrumental Asylum

Post by Instrumental Asylum » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Hey folks, I've more recently gotten into DJing and have been creating my setup with m4l devices, etc.

This Clyphx thing seems like the lazy programmer's dream. However, maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but when I use a clip function, in the manual it says it's supposed to act on the selected clip, but when I trigger my Clyphx command the selected clip changes to the empty command clip. Well what's really happening, I trigger an empty clip called [ID] CLIP LOOP ON initially it triggers that clip but does nothing else. I hit it again and it activates the loop on that clip. I'm making sure the clip I'm playing is both selected and has that colored box around it. Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

What I need is the ability to hit a button and whatever clip is playing (well selected, the most recent playing) it turns on the clips loop from the current position playing quantized to the current quantization beat settings, sets its length to 2 bars, and finally sets the loop back by it's length, so I can hear a segment I like in a song, hit the button and loop that segment. I'm imagining I would use [ID] CLIP LOOP ON ; CLIP LOOP 2B ; CLIP LOOP < but I have no idea how to get the commands to work.

Instrumental Asylum

Post by Instrumental Asylum » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:20 pm

I've also tried using [] SEL/CLIP LOOP ON AND [](LSEQ) SEL/CLIP LOOP ON with no luck

Instrumental Asylum

Post by Instrumental Asylum » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:00 pm

Ok, I figured out that I just needed to turn off "Select next scene on launch", but now the only command that I'm able to get working is LOOP ON, CLIP LOOP x and CLIP LOOP < don't seem to be doing anything no matter what I try, any help would be appreciated, this starting to get pretty frustrating...

Instrumental Asylum

Post by Instrumental Asylum » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:15 am

Update: so I just kept trying the same thing over and over and eventually now it works for some reason, pretty stoked.

fabiospark

Post by fabiospark » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:30 pm

Hi, I see this is a very old thread but...

Just installed Clyphx free 2.7.0 on Live 11 and it works.
I setup some twenty scripts to recall different tracking and listening snapshots, in this kind of way:

[T GT R_C] UNSOLO ; UNARM ; ALL/MUTE ON ; 3/MUTE OFF ; 4/MUTE OFF ; 4/ARM ON ; 5/MUTE OFF ; 5/ARM ON ; 11/MUTE OFF ; 12/MUTE OFF ; 13/MUTE OFF ; SETSTOP ; STOPALL

[L R_C] UNSOLO ; UNARM ; ALL/MUTE ON ; 12/MUTE OFF ; 13/MUTE OFF ; SETSTOP ; STOPALL

Now I would like to add "; 11/MUTE OFF" to all of them: is there a way to do it without the "rename" function of Ableton?
Is there a way to load a script from a text file straight into a dummy midi clip? Maybe even in batch for many midi clip at once?

Thanks.

PupmaTz

Post by PupmaTz » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:34 pm

Where can I download Clyphx free?

I want to use it only to switch through my songs/sound patches during live performances as at the moment, I have to select the MIDI template of my Komplete MK2, select the specific scene and chain of a song and then arm the scene as well. I was hoping I could script my patches in a way that the chain selection and arm function are changed/enabled by simply just switching through the MIDI templates of my keyboard.

Do you think that would work with Clyphx free? And if yes, how? xD

lu57

Post by lu57 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:49 am

PupmaTz wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:34 pm
Do you think that would work with Clyphx free? And if yes, how? xD
Yes this will work with clyphx free (you have the link above). Simply use the UNARM and ARM macros

fabiospark

Post by fabiospark » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:35 pm

Does anybody know if and how I can select ALL the devices in a track to switch them ON and OFF all together
with a ClyphX Clip X action (macro) with some sort of "ALL DEV" select method?

Thanks.

fabiospark

Launching X-clips without affecting transport.

Post by fabiospark » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:02 pm

Until now I have created many X-Clip actions to easily set up Live for different scenarios of tracking and listening.

BEFORE I hit rec or play I launch an X-Clip by clicking on its play icon on the dummy midi clips in session view.
Every time I do that the playback starts for half a second then stops because at the end of all the actions I put
the "SETSTOP ; STOPALL ; B2A" commands.

Now I would need to create a macro to enable/disable a few remote grouped pan controls WHILE the playback is running and this is the macro I need to fire:

"[]"Listening"/DEV1 ON ; "Listening"/DEV2 ON ; "Listening"/DEV3 ON ; "Listening"/DEV4 ON ; "Listening"/DEV5 ON ; "Listening"/DEV6 ON ; "Listening"/DEV7 ON ; SETSTOP ; STOPALL ; B2A

but if I put it in a dummy midi clip, when I launch it, the playback restarts: is there a way to get to this without affecting the transport status?

I thought to create some "User actions" but I'm not sure it would work and I can't find examples to help me understand how to "translate" that X-clip into a "User action".

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks.

f.

lu57

Post by lu57 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:49 am

maybe you can assign CCs in UserSettings.txt?

# Example: MY_BTN2 = CC, 16, 117, 1/MUTE ; 2/MUTE, 3/PLAY >