Live getting stucked when dragging audio file in?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
kkmm

Live getting stucked when dragging audio file in?

Post by kkmm » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I was searching answers to the problem I have with Live for quite some time, but didn't find any.

First up the tech info: I just upgraded to Live 9 Suite, 64-bit. I'm using a MacBook Pro (mid-2012) with 10.8.3 OSX ,
4GB (2x2, default) memory and with a 2.5 GHZ Intel Core i5 processor & lots of free space in the hard drive.
All my audio files are located in my hard drive, no external disks here. No external audio interface or Midi controllers either.
Just the MacBook & Live 9 with default plug-ins. I've used Live for 10 years.

So, my problem is as follows: When I drag audio files (mp3, flac, any kind, video too)
to Live (either Session or Arrangement view), the program gets somewhat stuck. I have to wait before
letting go of the mouse button to effectively drop the audio file to, say, audio channel 1. It's a bit better
when I select the files from the menu on the left (Places or Categories) and way better with Live's own samples.
This slows down my working quite a bit, especially comparing with how it usually is with Live.

And the real problem: Sometimes, the file doesn't "fall down" at all, but stays attached to the cursor (see image),
resulting in me needing to force shut down.

I remember that this happened to me with an earlier version a year or two ago, but I can't remember what fixed it.
My quicktime is up to date. I've tried restart, various file formats (48/44, mp3/wav etc), different folders and so forth.
I'm now about to update my OSX to Mavericks, maybe that will help with this.

Has anyone had the same problem? Any solutions?

Thank you in advance!

(Hopefully this was the right place to post this, I wasn't all that sure abt it.)

Eirik Melum

Re: Live getting stucked when dragging audio file in?

Post by Eirik Melum » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 pm

Hello there, the solution for me when this happens is to 're-drag' the same/or other audio file into Ableton.

ShelLuser

Post by ShelLuser » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:17 pm

Eirik Melum wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 pm
Hello there, the solution for me when this happens is to 're-drag' the same/or other audio file into Ableton.
You're responding to a post which is 5 years old which means that things were a little different back then ;)
With kind regards,

Peter

Using the 'Power' Trio: Live 10 Suite (+ Push & Max 8 ), Reason 10 and Maschine Mk3 (+ the ultimate Komplete 12).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:59 pm

ShelLuser wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:17 pm
Eirik Melum wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 pm
You're responding to a post which is 5 years old which means that things were a little different back then ;)
That could still be a helpful trick for those who use the forum's search option.
Ableton Forum Moderator