sehnneiser HD-25 amperior

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mbakirov

sehnneiser HD-25 amperior

Post by mbakirov » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi!
Anyone have used sennheiser HD-25 for music mastering?

I want to buy Amperior versoin while it is still there.
But I am not sure as
1) the headphones are DJ and not monitoring actually.
2) The earcups are a little small (I use HD212PRO) and I am afraid it would be hard to stay all days with these headphones.

any comments?

thank you!

reeloy

Re: sehnneiser HD-25 amperior

Post by reeloy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:21 pm

....if you buy closed headphones and need to use them for longer sessions, small earcups are best choice....
for mastering purposes open, big cans are best choice all in all, but closed, small ones can do the job, too....

and sennheisers hd 25 are bullet proofed some kind of reference headphones.....if you're really used to rhem...
to get used to headphones, means at least 3 month of heavily use with lots of music you already know....

but.....

with these ones, which are made as a direct answer to sennheisers success with those hd 25....

http://www.thomann.de/de/beyerdynamic_dt_1350_cc.htm

are THE BEST headphones i've ever had...!....no doubt...

i got big open mastering can from akg....those ones you got to have...bla....and yeah, there good...
i got two top sennheisers models, too....
i got audio technika....the reference ones, they proclaim.....

but whatever i did, the only headphones i really mixed on without being badly surprised when listening back on studiomonitors or consumer speakers, where the those dt 1350cc from beyerdynamic....

if you come from consumer headphones, you'll freak out the first time you hear them, because you miss the bass punch...but wait a minute....and then you'll actually really HEAR it....
'cause in fact, that's only because these ones have a REAL LOWEND and not a faked one....
here you really can tell the difference between ten slightly different 808 kiks easily....anywhere else they'd all sound the same...booom...that's it.....and what ever your result of choice is, you'll find exactly that, when you hear your mix on big speakers....

they give you the same impression on all loudnesslevels....and they can be very loud.....they fit in any small pocket....do a good job on loud locations because they quit almost a hundred percent of outside noise....
rocksolid.....any way you could imagine how to wear headphones....they'll do it....
as hd 25 they're made for on location and dj purposes.....but i mixed a full big beat rock track with over hundred tracks with them and took that mix straight to a tour.....and the track smashed the best....
they're not easy to get sometimes, because others found out too, that these ones are hot....
sold out fast....
it's been a long way....but i've found my reference headphones....
Last edited by reeloy on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mbakirov

Post by mbakirov » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:26 pm

@reeloy, thank you very muchfor such a detailed answer!

the thing is that, I love the amperior configuration with extra mi? (yes, headset is also one of the options).

and you can get now amperior for around 200$ which is already rather big for my budget, so I will not go into Beyerdynamics.

So I am looking for buying amperior or the other option is not bying and stay with my current hd212pro.

Will the hd25/amperior dothe job you are mentioning? the real bass/lowend?

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:31 pm

I love my Sennheiser HD-25s and wouldn't want to mix with anything else. Best purchase I've ever made, with the exception of my Asian bride.

reeloy

Post by reeloy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:35 pm

...i don't know the hd 25 in daily use.....but for round about 200 dollars it sounds like a no brainer to me....
the low is not that tight, but tight enough, i guess....
for sure they're also way beyond that consumer can low end mudd....

mbakirov

Post by mbakirov » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:39 pm

three more questions.
1) amperior are a little different from hd-25 having lower impedance and some say there is some higher bass.
2) anyone has specifically an amperior version?
3) would it be better than hd212pro for mixing?

thanks!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Sennheiser HD600s are better than the Asien bride, I promise ;-)

For less money go HD580, almost as good but often half the price. With these it would depend on the Asian bride in question :twisted:

The HD25s don't compare.

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:40 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Sennheiser HD600s are better than the Asien bride, I promise ;-)
But are they as sexy? I like all my gear to be sexy.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Samuel L. Jizzle wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:Sennheiser HD600s are better than the Asien bride, I promise ;-)
But are they as sexy? I like all my gear to be sexy.
I would call it an eargasm! ;-)

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Just go gently. Popping that eardrum for the first time can be painful, and there's nearly always a spot of bleeding...

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:54 pm

EDIT: I just realised how that sounded. Totally unintentional! :mrgreen:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:24 pm

Samuel L. Jizzle wrote:EDIT: I just realised how that sounded. Totally unintentional! :mrgreen:
Sure ;-)

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:56 pm

I have HD-25's not Amperior though and I think they are my favorite closed back headphones. Most any mix I've done on those has always translated very well.
I now also have a pair of HD-650's (a few years now) and they are the workhorse these days when I'm working at home. But for any kind of portability, DJing, or travel scenarios I use the HD-25's and I don't think for a minute about how I wish I had my other headphones with me. I will always have a pair of HD-25's for the rest of my life if possible.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /