Sampling synth from an existing track?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Badger45

Sampling synth from an existing track?

Post by Badger45 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:13 pm

I am using ableton and omnisphere learning how to build trance tracks...problem is none of the max packs or omni patches are making the lush synth sounds I am looking for ala above and beyond, george acosta, gareth emery etc. I am wondering if there is a way to sample the synth sounds from a track using sampler and be able to play the same synth with push? I know this is a shortcut but I am learning to play push as an instrument and it would be easier to learn to construct the leads. I have made a couple patches with omni and am just not getting the sound I want...also no clue how to change release of the synth in omni so that is hurting me.

Tall-Timber

Re: Sampling synth from an existing track?

Post by Tall-Timber » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:06 pm

You can freeze your existing midi synth tracks that you want to resample and drag-drop the frozen clips into an audio track. This will give you an audio clip of that midi clip that can then be dropped into sampler. You could also set the synth track youre resampling to be the input of an audio track and simply record what you want that way. I find myself doing this a lot. As far as doing that on push.. Dealing with audio clips is extremely limited. I doubt there's any way to even come close to doing that with push alone. Hope that helps out!

Badger45

Re: Sampling synth from an existing track?

Post by Badger45 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:00 pm

I might have been a bit confusing. I am really just trying to isolate one synth note from an mp3 and use sampler to maybe play it on push...basically duplicating a synth from a song. I guess learning to trim a track down to one note is the first step.