kinda surprised nobody has brought up Elektron Analogue Rytm

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TomViolenz

Re: kinda surprised nobody has brought up Elektron Analogue Rytm

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:07 pm

chapelier fou wrote:I'm honestly curious, so please ton't take me for trolling!
of course i know you're not !

Push does have parameter lock, and in a much better (IMO) step sequencer too.
Don't know about that, i don't own push. Parameter locks allow you to lock any parameter value on any step (in grid recording and in step recording modes)
Yep, for all parameters that are accessible to the API (midi assignable) and on all the steps! It's really nice! A favorite parameter of mine to use is the SampleSelector in Sampler, changing your drum samples in place. Leads to very varied drum patterns.
You just press down on the step and turn the knob on Push, easy :-)

Individual track length?! I'm trying to understand what you mean by this. Clips in Live in different tracks in one scene can have a different length. What is different in this case?
Sure you can with different tracks in live. But on the AR you would be able to change them in real time and it's really integrated to the sequencer.

I still don't understand, how can you not change them in Live/Push in real time? Clip and loop length are right there with 16 dedicated pads directly on the 64 pad grid in it's own section next to the 32 step step sequencer. The other 16 pads let you still play live the sounds you are step sequencing at the same time!
In/outs would depend on your soundcard of course, so in my example of just Laptop and Push you have only 2 with the inbuilt audio. But what do you even use all these in/outs on this machine for?!
For mixing, sending to effects, etc...Adding a 10 outs soundcard to a basic computer setup involves some money.
I guess my point is, if I'm working in the box, I have all my FX in the box as well, so I wouldn't need the outs. But I understand that this is what you want.

Synth voices, well in Live I can have as many synth voices as I desire (and my Laptop can stomach).
Yep, but without wanting to debate this, analog synthesis definitely has it's own sound and cuts out into a mix really well, from my experience.
I believe you, but just as you found your preference in Analog sound, I found mine in huge amounts of wave tables as 128s in Sampler, giving me a sonic toolbox that is unrivaled (IMO)
DIN 24/48 sync: I admit, I don't know what that means.
Old sync format for sequencers and instruments (all these famous roland XX-000)
Yeah, that doesn't matter to me, I guess

i am myself not doing the same things with these machines as i would do on ableton live. And i got to admit that i am more of a computer person. But when i work with hardware, everything is working pretty solid together.
So it's obviously a very different workflow, that is not for me. I had heard that the Electron devices are like Live in a box, but I come to the conclusion, that they are not enough so, where it counts for me. And I think for a hands on experience, Push goes a lot further. (IMO and all that of course)

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:37 pm

(i need to take another look to push !)
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:52 pm

It's quite an amazing experience that Ableton created with it! And if you add to that the NativeKontroll script PXT Live (Plus) and some of the mods by the users it can blow your mind!

But I didn't mean to hijack this thread, sorry!

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:07 pm

The AR reminds of a drumRack with lots of nested effects in a little box that delivers analogue sounds plus samples.

Really nice looking machine.

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:16 pm

john gordon wrote:http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/01/e ... ng-photos/
I promised myself no more gear for a long time but I may have to sell something.Cool how you can layer samples over Analogue drums.Sorry Dave but this thing SHITS all over Tempest.
I was on their website and after looking at their gear, it could do some serious damage to my debit card.

CR78

Post by CR78 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:51 am

Okay, which one of you Klownz got a little over zealous at their booth?!