Sweet, a free plug from Rob Papen

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
regretfullySaid

Sweet, a free plug from Rob Papen

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:33 pm

http://www.robpapen.com/rp-amod.html

Downloading it now. Got the distortion for free too and it could use some more love. I've never really used a 'one-plugin' modulator (not countin modular s/w) so it'd be nice if this does some wacky stuff, or at least anything near the Valhalla one would be cool.

Eh, it's ok. Will probably stick with the Silverline ones though.
ImageImage

Samuel L. Jizzle

Re: Sweet, a free plug from Rob Papen

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:45 pm

I like what Papen is doing.

His RP-Disort and RP-Delay both expand upon their equivalent modules in PredatorFX and do a damn sexy job about it too. RP-Distort has one of the lushes filters I've heard (which I believe is very close to the 2 line (LP12 2, LP24 2, etc.) in Predator) and RP-AMOD's tape and analog models are equally impressive.

I won't deny that he made some strange choices along the way (the routing of RP-Delay is a real workflow killer, for example), but overall I have very little to complain about.

Live 9 +Papen's shit has me sorted.

Quez

Post by Quez » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:52 am

"- If you have registered one or more RP products, you can request the RP-AMOD fx plug-in for free! - "

Not *really* free :cry:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:01 am

What are your Papen gems, Jizzle? I bought Predator awhile ago, and it still gets frequent use. I like the range it has, some will say it sounds like shit; I like it, and I also think the number of presets (and quality of them) is another strength. I'm not as militant as I used to be when it comes to sticking with 'handmade' presets. I'd probably love Albino more if the interface was simpler. I think it still deserves be be considered a classic go to.
ImageImage

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:14 am

shadx312 wrote:What are your Papen gems, Jizzle? I bought Predator awhile ago, and it still gets frequent use. I like the range it has, some will say it sounds like shit; I like it, and I also think the number of presets (and quality of them) is another strength. I'm not as militant as I used to be when it comes to sticking with 'handmade' presets. I'd probably love Albino more if the interface was simpler. I think it still deserves be be considered a classic go to.
I like Predator. I used to have Blue and Albino also, but Predator's filters are what sold me on it. The novel cross-osc modulation is also great for making original kick sounds. It is literally the only synth I need.

Having said that, RP-Verb is the only VST I truly could not do without. Of all the reverbs I've tested, this is the only one that comes anywhere close to what I want.

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:25 am

Quez wrote:"- If you have registered one or more RP products, you can request the RP-AMOD fx plug-in for free! - "

Not *really* free :cry:
In practice it doesn't check, you just need to create an account at the RP site and then you can download and activate RP-AMOD, even if you don't have any other RP products.

Warning: the password you use for the account will be sent back to you as plain text.

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:25 am

shadx312 wrote:http://www.robpapen.com/rp-amod.html

Downloading it now. Got the distortion for free too and it could use some more love. I've never really used a 'one-plugin' modulator (not countin modular s/w) so it'd be nice if this does some wacky stuff, or at least anything near the Valhalla one would be cool.

Eh, it's ok. Will probably stick with the Silverline ones though.
Thanks for the heads-up! 8)

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:43 am

8O wrote:In practice it doesn't check, you just need to create an account at the RP site and then you can download and activate RP-AMOD, even if you don't have any other RP products.

Warning: the password you use for the account will be sent back to you as plain text.
This has been a bit messy. I have plenty of registered Papen plugins, yet my activation codes didn't work, so they had to send me a new set, albeit within about 5 minutes of my complaint.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:20 am

Samuel L. Jizzle wrote:
8O wrote:In practice it doesn't check, you just need to create an account at the RP site and then you can download and activate RP-AMOD, even if you don't have any other RP products.

This has been a bit messy. I have plenty of registered Papen plugins, yet my activation codes didn't work, so they had to send me a new set, albeit within about 5 minutes of my complaint.
Same here. I would not fork over for any of their synths if they can't get this right.

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:50 am

#reminder

TheNobleNemesis

Post by TheNobleNemesis » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:10 am

Click my link, they said
There will be free Rob Papen plug-ins, they said

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:35 pm