iConnectMIDI2+ Audio from LIve to iPad effects?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jcrystal

iConnectMIDI2+ Audio from LIve to iPad effects?

Post by jcrystal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:56 pm

I have great fun connecting my iPad to Live to use it as an ext. instrument, sending it MIDI from Live, and recording output into Live. I would like to know if it is possible to send audio from Live to run thru effects on the iPad. Seems like it should be possible. I've tried AudioBus with Mic In, but that does not seem to do it. Anyone have luck doing this?

CSwinn

Re: iConnectMIDI2+ Audio from LIve to iPad effects?

Post by CSwinn » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:49 pm

If you have an iPad recording interface or an iRig type device, you could take the headphone line out from Live, then use the Audiobus mic in. You would however need a second recording interface for your computer to send the ipad output back to Live, or you could record your work on the ipad in Audioshare or something and dropbox it to your computer.

Alternatively, you could make mix downs of the tracks you want to effect, and then dropbox them to the ipad, play with Audiobus, record it and send back to dropbox to do this all wirelessly.

deepdirtydub

Re: iConnectMIDI2+ Audio from LIve to iPad effects?

Post by deepdirtydub » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:46 pm

First I would check and make sure that the iCM2+ has both iOS and Mac/PC audio enabled with the editor app. Once that is setup you should be able to configure an aggregate device and add the 2 Sets of Inputs and Outputs to your existing audio i/o. This is assuming you're on OSX. Sorry but I have no idea how to pull this off with Windows.