The Great BitWig Migration

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Will you leave Ableton for BitWig?

Nope, I'm staying right here.
50%
Yes, I'll be part of the great BitWig migration.
12%
Too soon to call, I'll wait and see.
28%
I intend to use both
10%

Total votes: 433

re:dream

Re: The Great BitWig Migration

Post by re:dream » Sun May 18, 2014 12:24 pm

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sun May 18, 2014 2:02 pm

precisely...

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun May 18, 2014 2:17 pm

TTOZ wrote:You are repeatedly breaking the rules, i never did.
Wrong.

From the community guidelines:
Ableton wrote:Keep your cool

Please avoid trolling, spamming, flaming, and bullying. If you’ve said your piece, don’t keep posting it in the hope of reaching a new audience.
Unsound Designer

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Sun May 18, 2014 4:14 pm

re:dream wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TTOZ

Post by TTOZ » Sun May 18, 2014 4:53 pm

stringtapper wrote:
TTOZ wrote:You are repeatedly breaking the rules, i never did.
Wrong.

From the community guidelines:
Ableton wrote:Keep your cool

Please avoid trolling, spamming, flaming, and bullying. If you’ve said your piece, don’t keep posting it in the hope of reaching a new audience.
I did none of that stuff, i only responded to personal attacks. Seems there are 4 people now who can't read, and little redream trying something cute with his pic again. He does it, now I do it. I did NOT START IT, I ONLY TALKED ABOUT BITWIG. That said, i am happy to finish it, as i am tired of forum trolls, unless ableton says otherwise.
I am bitwig, pick me, pick me, i now hAs midi export!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun May 18, 2014 5:53 pm

TTOZ wrote: I did none of that stuff, i only responded to personal attacks. Seems there are 4 people now who can't read, and little redream trying something cute with his pic again. He does it, now I do it. I did NOT START IT, I ONLY TALKED ABOUT BITWIG. That said, i am happy to finish it, as i am tired of forum trolls, unless ableton says otherwise.
Honestly, you got extremely angry because of me pointing out something blatantly obvious, you're overtly passionate about DAWs, you took that as a personal attack, and here we are.

I never added in demeaning language like you do to everyone who disagrees with you, "little redream" "diva" etc.
but yeah, other people are trolls, in fact numerous trolls have simply found your posts and singled you out because you're a troll magnet?
Of course eyeknow and you haven't argued about it cause you didn't single eyeknow out and start going on about his personal life and past history with software.
Yes, because making a light hearted attempt to defend you against a guy calling you a 13 year old is a mortal wound to your soul. Personal life? I know you're either Australian or from New Zealand, you have health issues, that's about it. How do you make this assumption that because you're asked to tone down your vitriol, with numerous forum posters chiming in, how do you go from that to this thought that other people are ruining the conversation? My favorite part of that, absolute favorite, is that when I point out that people shouldn't call you 13 years old etc. that you're just passionate about DAWs, you lose your mind. <--- and I'm a troll for doing so.

I don't think you're a bad guy, I've read your posts on KVR for years, but I do think you create a lot of drama. I hadn't read much of it before this, but I've seen your absolutely condemning posts against developers and in turn your arguments with people who like said developers/products etc.

Here's my suggestion, take it down a notch, there aren't any real trolls here, except Cperezzz.
There are people with a shorter fuse than KVR, because there's less moderation here than KVR. If you create "enemies" here, you will have to deal with them all the time. Conversely most people, myself included, do not give a fuck about one argument in one thread, and will continue to treat your ideas as independent thoughts. Regardless of this thread or any knowledge of your DAW hopscotching. The whole thing boils down to you. You're the one ramping it up, and by all means I think most of us would be just as happy to see you turn the faucet off.

We are all retarded here, no one is innocent, and in the end only a few who have issues with holding grudges. :x

cstump

Post by cstump » Sun May 18, 2014 7:24 pm

I thought this thread was about Bitwig?...and the "Migration"? you ALL need to tone it down a few notch's.

This he said she said BS is getting down right annoying, not to mention the PILING ON of the self appointed defenders of justice taking sides and fanning the flames higher.

Get over it for heavens sake. :evil:
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun May 18, 2014 8:44 pm

cstump wrote: This he said she said BS is getting down right annoying
Don't read it then. No one is forcing you to.

I obviously care enough abut TTOZ to respond to him, you don't have to, nor me.
It's quickly surmised when a post is off topic, move on.

Moderation is super light here, it's up to you to choose what to read or respond to.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun May 18, 2014 8:45 pm

On topic, Bitwig hired a guy from KVR who's been doing MIDI controller scripts, so I suppose that will be sorted soon.

I can't believe they still don't have all the most basic ones though? Novation SL, M-Audio etc. still missing.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun May 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Alright, that's is guys, you were warned!

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sun May 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Someone is wrong, on the internet.

I will don my suit of righteous armour, my cape of indignation, and my fingerless gloves of really typing a lot. I will drink deep from the cup marked "Stuff I thinks", my nostrils flare, my pupils dilate, my jimmies rustle.
I will stop at nothing until My Correct Opinion is accepted by all and the Fedora of True Facts is placed on my head, crowning me as the one true rightful king of all things which are Objectively Correct.

Someone is wrong on the internet. Hold my toast Mom.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun May 18, 2014 9:09 pm

deva

Post by deva » Mon May 19, 2014 1:35 am

Machinesworking wrote:On topic, Bitwig hired a guy from KVR who's been doing MIDI controller scripts, so I suppose that will be sorted soon.

I can't believe they still don't have all the most basic ones though? Novation SL, M-Audio etc. still missing.
Thomas is doing an excellent job... that was a good choice to hire him.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon May 19, 2014 1:44 am

He fits right in :lol:

On a serious note, people always asked him if he worked for bitwig so I guess that kinda makes sense.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon May 19, 2014 5:26 am

eyeknow wrote:He fits right in :lol:

On a serious note, people always asked him if he worked for bitwig so I guess that kinda makes sense.
? Fits right in how?

All I noticed about him is he has that business savvy diplomatic thing going on, like he might have been auditioning. Is that what you were implying?