Waaaay off topic: Journey of the shaman (Music & hippies

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
conny

Post by conny » Mon May 30, 2005 11:17 am

Thanks anonymouse for the link, I really enjoyed reading the article, for different reasons.

Here's some samples (I let some stand without reference, it's sometimes hard to know if it's the sceptic or the prophet who talks...)

"beware the ditch of limitation" (could be, or as take care of the limitations, use them...)

"we are going to do a grand work together" (naturally)

"the ‘void at the center’ " (I like that for some reason)

Einstein is claimed to have said:
"I like to think the moon is still there even if I am not looking at it looking at it." (I did not know he was a stutter)

"If Dispenza is right that we live in an imagined world not grounded in reality, testing his theory on your drive home would lead to a carnage of competing versions of where the road begins and ends." (Not so practical, but may be more true when in the process of making music!)

“Have you ever stopped for a moment to look at yourself through the eyes of the ultimate observer?” (Well, have we?)

"What begins as promises of freedom of thought soon evolves into demands for correct thought and behavior." (Now, who said that?)

"Was this child [with Down's syndrome] responsible for his condition, I queried? Arnzt responded that in fact he is to blame for his disorder--he is paying for transgressions in a previous life" (Sure...)

Bottomline:
There is always persons that tries to make a living out of our fears and limitations and dysfunctions. Beware of them.
They could not do that if there was not some reception for their "truth" in ourselves. Beware of our needs.
The solutions tends to say, in one form or another, that we are formed by our own thoughts. To some degree that will always be a fact. Beware of making one fact the only relevant fact, though.

PS - I was a member of a cultish indian meditation group in the 70's. For self respect, I stepped out at the moment the teacher said I was well suited to go further into it and he wanted to give me a new name. Door closed. So I still wear my old, silly name.
Beware of your original names.
Close the door when you smell the iron bars, but close them from the right side.

// C
PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/

Diskclaimer

Post by Diskclaimer » Mon May 30, 2005 2:42 pm

conny wrote:Boys, let us all be... hm... cultivated, right?
// C
its good ... culture

Diskclaimer

Post by Diskclaimer » Mon May 30, 2005 2:43 pm

conny wrote:Boys, let us all be... hm... cultivated, right?
// C
its good ... culture

psilopsyche

Symbiosis 2006

Post by psilopsyche » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:31 am

I saw Shpongle last weekend at Symbiosis 2006, www.symbiosisgathering.com , and it was awesome. While I don't subscribe to people's choice to live from day to day (struggle, no work, mooching) , I do like what they stand for. Peace, love, respect, music.

jackmazzotti

Re: Symbiosis 2006

Post by jackmazzotti » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:54 am

psilopsyche wrote:I saw Shpongle last weekend at Symbiosis 2006, www.symbiosisgathering.com , and it was awesome. While I don't subscribe to people's choice to live from day to day (struggle, no work, mooching) , I do like what they stand for. Peace, love, respect, music.

wow symbiosis looks like my kind of event

i just checked out zilla
amazing!

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:26 am

Talk about a link from the past

this is when I was Aniken

now I'm Darth Vader post Emperor - but right before my son burned me up on ENDOR (AS*H*le)

if anyone see's Ben, let him know I'm still pretty pissed about him cutting off my legs and arms

wow

Ad
Ableton | Elektron

Music

psilopsyche

Re: Symbiosis 2006

Post by psilopsyche » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:26 am

jackmazzotti wrote:
psilopsyche wrote:I saw Shpongle last weekend at Symbiosis 2006, www.symbiosisgathering.com , and it was awesome. While I don't subscribe to people's choice to live from day to day (struggle, no work, mooching) , I do like what they stand for. Peace, love, respect, music.

wow symbiosis looks like my kind of event

i just checked out zilla
amazing!
If you think so I STRONGLY URGE you to go next year!

mooncaine

Post by mooncaine » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:48 am

Sounds like adonis has a fever, and the only prescription is more White Cowbell Oklahoma.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:22 am

mooncaine wrote: White Cowbell Oklahoma.
wow, what is that a reference to?

mooncaine

Post by mooncaine » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:13 pm

A band I just learned about a few days ago. Search that phrase on the web, or tack a .com on the end and you'll get their web page.

I don't know how serious these people are, but I do think it's funny. Like a band for the Man Show. It can't be a coincidence that one of the members looks a lot like Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top. Another member wields a chainsaw onstage. That sorta gives you an idea what to expect. Think "monster truck rally" ....

hacktheplanet

Re: Waaaay off topic: Journey of the shaman (Music & hippies

Post by hacktheplanet » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:26 pm

djadonis206 wrote:Lucid Dreaming (ooookaaaaay)
I LOVE lucid dreaming! You can do pretty much anything you want, and of course the sex is great.

Step it up a notch and do a full-on astral projection. I've succeeded doing this on three seperate occasions, and it's killer. Disorienting and scary at first, but after you get the hang of it, fun as hell. Highly recommended. Tomorrow is Saturday... I think I'll have a trip if I'm not hungover.

melocoton

Post by melocoton » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:18 am

Yeah, I pity someone who has never experienced a lucid dream. If you think they just don't exist then I don't know what to say to you. Unfortunately I can't make them happen reliably but I haven't taken a very disciplined approach to the practice.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:49 am

some of the hippy pastimes are actually pretty fun

getting naked, I like that one. Mask making - I like the craft workshop type of stuff myself. Permaculture is growing your own food, and I quite like fresh food . Lucid dreaming is indeed fantastic.

Disclaimer - I lived in squats for over a decade and have a free-festival background

There are many entertaining hippy things, but one of the best for spectators has to be watching a circle of simmering hippies do a big power struggle as they try to organise something. They cant just say "shut up you stoned idiot" , instead they all try and out-pleasant and out-cosmic each other as a rationale for their particular idea being the best one.

EG:
"Look Spiral, I'm not putting your idea for the vegan massage down , but when I was in borneo with the mystic shaman he told me that a tofu weaving workshop would save the earth, obviously I wasn't calling you a twat, I was refering to the hegemonistic paternalistic states terminology and repurposing it to refer back to itself, do you see? Shakti .. you understand, your chakras are aligned to the mother ...." etc

They can go on for hours without anything being decided and only resulting in lots of long faces, eventually resulting in an 'organised event' such as hippies are famous for.

I once attended such an event where a big fall out had resulted in two factions - each couldn't talk to each other - so they split the communal marquee.
In a rain swept field one half of the marquee was set-up on one side , the other half was set-up 300 feet away.
with simmering stoned resentment on the rain lashed turf between as both groups got soaked.

ah, the glorious flower children!