Ableton Live 10

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
timday

Re: Ableton Live 10

Post by timday » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:52 am

Chicle777 wrote:
Monchai wrote:Korg new Electribe has an interesting idea on how to coexist with Live through the session export to SD card. I'd like to see a hardware standalone version of Electribe (Kaosspad) mix with APC40 slider and buttons (not just as a controller) that has SD card slot, and that the user can export the Session in Live (automatic convert all Synth output to audio first) to the hardware and vice versa.
The hardware then could be use as standalone (for DJ or Live show) or tweak some more elsewhere, save the session and then open it in computer for final stage or mastering.

I don't know how well the Electribe can connect with Live but if Ableton were to design their own standalone hardware with the same concept or better integrated than Korg that should give them the advantage and the perception of Musical Instrument manufacturer as to Music software company.
Yeah, I standalone seems like a good guess. Akai will probably release a standalone unit soon.
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/04/p ... -embedded/

A standalone Push XL (2) with a larger screen, 2 main outs, 6 individual outs and 2 ins for sampling, midi in and out, 16 audio or midi tracks limitation, limited SDD for sample storage and for bouncing tracks and 8-16GB RAM to hold your choice of AU/VST plug-ins or M4L devices.

If Ableton tightened up a couple of things in regards to the Push workflow, like make sure the automation sticks when nudging a note so we can step lock like the Elektron machines. As well as making sure that the automation made for one step is held until a future note is triggered, so I don´t have to press every single step on push unto next key trig to apply that automation. And simple stuff like adding a drum layout when using Impulse. Then I would be happy happy.

I would pay up to 1100-1500 euro for such machine. It would be tight as fööök. But right now it seems that either Native Instruments, Akai or Elektron will reach to that point first. Ableton doesn´t seem to have that agility.
Yeah, this. I mentioned it before but I would love a standalone Ableton workstation and would be prepared to pay for it, as long as it had decent MIDI out capability for integrating with hardware synths, and maybe the ability to directly connect to an interface for multiple audio outs.

MidiFinger

Post by MidiFinger » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:45 pm

I just got a Linnstrument and a Continuum Fingerboard so I really want to see MIDI Note per Channel support as well as VST3 integration. Also, I'd really like to see undockable instruments, full multi-display support and a file browser than incorporates the native OS folders and mapped network drives. Take Lanes would be nice too.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:56 pm

That's like asking a giraffe to be a penguin.
ImageImage

login

Post by login » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Don't get why people ask so much for undocking elements fo the GUI and more windows, it's like they don't get the Live GUI concept is about.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:07 pm

Well at least the docking part and take lanes...if theu figured out take lanes intheirown way it would be interesting to see.
ImageImage

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:42 pm

In Arrangement view, the audio waveform on a track would have more space if the colored rectangle on top of it could be minimized or removed altogether. Or perhaps the rectangle and the waveform could be integrated.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:09 pm

For the love of god, please let us edit audio/midi in the arrangement timeline instead of the Clip window. Such a waste of screen space to have the exact same wave form/midi clip up there twice.

Also, more skins/color editing preferences. Ideally pick an element>define color, but more skins would be a good start. I spent a long time this weekend unsuccessfully trying to get any kind of scheme going on that didn't look awful. Some of the skins from Sonic Bloom are 99% of the way there, but all of them have something or other that's a deal breaker for me (usually white wave forms or too dark backgrounds that make the grid invisible).
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Matt_Quinn wrote:For the love of god, please let us edit audio/midi in the arrangement timeline instead of the Clip window. Such a waste of screen space to have the exact same wave form/midi clip up there twice.
I wholeheartedly subscribe to this request.

Andrejs
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:00 pm

Matt_Quinn wrote:For the love of god, please let us edit audio/midi in the arrangement timeline instead of the Clip window.
As long as this remains an option, I agree.
In some instances, though, it helps to have 2 different representations of the same waveform, one extremely zoomed in and the other normal. Eg. when I'm sliding the End warp marker of a freshly imported, long clip backwards on its zoomed in copy to tempo match it to the rest of tracks, while watching its first few beats on the normal copy to see when they reach alignment to the older track above.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:25 am

Even the Live 9 release was so late compared to the other version, because they’re developing Push at the same time. Based on the released history, it’s possible that the next version is coming.

Major Releases (from Wiki)
Version Date

Live 1 30 Oct 2001
Live 1.5 28 Apr 2002

Live 2 22 Dec 2002
Live 2.1 24 Jul 2003

Live 3 10 Oct 2003

Live 4 28 Jul 2004

Live 5 24 Jul 2005
Live 5.2 10 Apr 2006

Live 6 29 Sep 2006

Live 7 29 Nov 2007

Live 8 02 Apr 2009
Live 8.2 22 Sep 2010
Live 8.3 02 April 2012

Live 9 05 March 2013
Live 9.1 20 Nov 2013
Live 9.2 29 June 2015

Live 10 ???

They released a new version every year from version 1 - 7

2 years to version 8 and finally 4 years to version 9.

If they're back to the old schedule, it could be closer to the next release.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Katkins

Post by Katkins » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:26 pm

mholloway wrote:I'd like to be able to put the cursor at a location inside a Midi / Audio clip while in session view, hit play, and hear everything start from that position...
In Live 10 there is a "Multi-clip Title Bar and Scrub Area" at the top of the MIDI editor and clicking a location there will play back all parts from that location. It's not as good as what I was looking for, something linking the playback cursor in the Arragement view to where you click in the MIDI editor, but scrub area playback works.