Ableton Live 10

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
crystalmsc

Re: Ableton Live 10

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:34 am

Monchai wrote:I'd like to see a hardware standalone version of Electribe (Kaosspad) mix with APC40 slider and buttons (not just as a controller) that has SD card slot, and that the user can export the Session in Live (automatic convert all Synth output to audio first) to the hardware and vice versa.
The hardware then could be use as standalone (for DJ or Live show) or tweak some more elsewhere, save the session and then open it in computer for final stage or mastering.
I remember the Roland MC-909 used to be my dream groovebox, it has sliders, buttons, 16 pads and dual d-beams. Still have it until now and wonder if the same type of interface is built using current technology, such as the integration with Ableton and using lithium battery for portability. Supposed to be easy for Roland to re-release the mk2 version with updated features.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:00 am

ok I want another synth....I dont care about tension or corpus or collissions or any of those stupid half-instrument-half-useless-tool

ditch all those and give me another synth, a sick crazy FM synth with 12 oscillators.. with a wicked flanger and chorus on it that has retrig......

I am half joking but actually serious....maybe not 12 oscillators ok....but lots of more lfo routings and filter options. and user -made routing algorithms

wascal

Post by wascal » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:38 am

timday wrote:DITCH THE MIDI SMART SNAP DITCH THE MIDI SMART SNAP
this +1

shittest feature ever and annoys me every single day
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

GUY SMILEY

Post by GUY SMILEY » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Get rid of all the extraneous features and return it to Ableton 4

timday

Post by timday » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Monchai wrote:Korg new Electribe has an interesting idea on how to coexist with Live through the session export to SD card. I'd like to see a hardware standalone version of Electribe (Kaosspad) mix with APC40 slider and buttons (not just as a controller) that has SD card slot, and that the user can export the Session in Live (automatic convert all Synth output to audio first) to the hardware and vice versa.
The hardware then could be use as standalone (for DJ or Live show) or tweak some more elsewhere, save the session and then open it in computer for final stage or mastering.

I don't know how well the Electribe can connect with Live but if Ableton were to design their own standalone hardware with the same concept or better integrated than Korg that should give them the advantage and the perception of Musical Instrument manufacturer as to Music software company.
I'd kind of like to see it go the other way as well - export a Live session to a standalone piece of hardware. Like a Maschine or Octatrack with session view built in, USB outs to control other hardware, and faster loading of sessions. Get the laptop off the stage and mash buttons like in the olden days.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:42 pm

It needs VST3 support so I can use Rolands soft synths.

caesura

Post by caesura » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:29 am

I would like to see:

1. Export to mp3
2. The ability to manually enter the desired frame rate into the time ruler, or add the missing industry standard frame rates.
3. When you have a bunch of plugins on a track, you freeze it and then flatten to have it correctly compensate for the delay and align the bounced down track properly. (hopefully I'm not missing something already there.)
4. The ability to import sessions from other DAWs. (would be nice, but not necessary)
Ableton Suite 9
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Processor
8 Gigs of Ram
OSX 10.8.5
M-Audio Profire Lightbridge Interface
PreSonus DigiMAX FS

http://www.TheBeachHouseStudios.com
http://www.JohnEye.us
http://www.facebook.com/john.eye1

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:53 am

I hope it's going to be a big and fresh release, with a new version of M4L based on MAX 7. Fresh new instrument and fx such as the Cytomic and upgraded version of the AAS based instruments. More stability based on freshly coded Live and more solid integration with Push, supporting 3rd party instruments. Fresh new look with an option to use the classic theme. Melodyne type of things and enhanched audio, midi and mixing tools. Would like to see more innovative feature, instrument and fx which are impossible to find elsewhere, instead of just relying on the old charm.

CFM

Post by CFM » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Does not Roland soft synths use a proprietary system called SYSTEM-1?

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:10 am

CFM wrote:Does not Roland soft synths use a proprietary system called SYSTEM-1?
wrong thread :) but yes, Roland has that. But the plug-ins are supposed to be available as a VST3 instrument. Hopefully Live 10 will support such a basic feature.

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:28 am

i stuck up for abletons flanger and phaser and chorus in the past...but really, the reality of it is..theyre fuckinh horrible...they suck huge...the flanger is the only half decent fx hopefully they update those

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:04 am

Inversoundzzz wrote:i stuck up for abletons flanger and phaser and chorus in the past...but really, the reality of it is..theyre fuckinh horrible...they suck huge...the flanger is the only half decent fx hopefully they update those
I've been waiting for Ableton to join forces with U-he for too long. Uhbik going to make an amazing native device.

kwtsh

Post by kwtsh » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:51 am

I reckon Push MK2 should have built in DSPs for CPU offloading of instruments or effects and sounds browsing, faster navigation and thunderbolt, plus pads for note expression, pitch and timbre a la Linnstrument.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:38 am

kwtsh wrote:I reckon Push MK2 should have built in DSPs for CPU offloading of instruments or effects and sounds browsing, faster navigation
the new electribe is already a quarter way there. for people who like to do detail editing on pc and making the basic track on a simpler stand alone hardware, the combination of Push + new electribe is even closer. With the collaboration, it's getting much more exciting to see the future development of Push. I really like this video, when people optimizing their hardware as an Ableton controller this good http://youtu.be/wltm3LhI66Q but even more thankful that I choose Push for Ableton instead. May be the next version will add an X - Y pad matching Ableton's X - Y section for this type of madness http://youtu.be/cJAjOV44eUA
also a jog shuttle and bigger colored screen for waveform editing. a touch screen can be doubled as an X - Y pad and sliders. providing more space for the jog shuttle.

ALEOS

Post by ALEOS » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:33 pm

LET ME GROUP GROUPS INTO GROUPS. THAT'S ALL I WANT.