Yes, but that's my point 2 xD
I'm not a big fan of dummy clips for this for two reasons :
- It is a hassle to setup when a preset change involves the change of about 15 - 20 parameters
- It is another hassle to have the dummy clip effects overlap / stay. Here I would control my rack with my POD X3 Live so I can press "Stomp" to enable the stompbox, "Delay" to enable the delay (but the stomp stays); while with dummy clips, if on my track I enable "Delay", "Stomp" gets disabled, so I would have to make like 4 / 5 tracks in serial, which I do not want to prevent cluttering of my sets.
And macro works for the case I mentioned above, but it doesn't work if for instance I have four different guitar sounds (clean, crunch, rythm, and lead) with transitions from one sound to another not relying on the same parameters automation.
- clean to crunch would increase the drive on the TSE808
- crunch to rhythm would change the channel on the amp sims
- rhythm to lead would increase the drive on the TSE808 and enable the delay
So here there is a problem when you want to go clean -> crunch -> rythm -> lead (with only one button press on the pedalboard) because I want clean -> crunch to increase drive on the TS808, but I don't on clean -> rythm.
So if I press the "crunch" button, and then the "rhythm" button, on my pedalboard, I won't get the good parameter for the drive on the TSE808.