Having rewire issue with reason 7!!!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
ReZZeN

Having rewire issue with reason 7!!!

Post by ReZZeN » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:25 am

I've tried enabling rewire for Reason 7 with Ableton Live 8 using a tutorial from propellerhead.com, and also by trying a tutorial using youtube to no avail!!! I tried in Reason by setting up the "Thor" and then wiring that to my main "Audio i/o" in audio outputs 3&4, (I opened Ableton first before I opened Reason), I then went to the "Midi To" section in Ableton and unfortunately there wasn't an option to connect to Reason at all!!! What am I doing wrong?!?! I would greatly appreciate any constructive/reliable feedback!!!

Willyum

Re: Having rewire issue with reason 7!!!

Post by Willyum » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:13 am

I haven't changed my settings in years, it just usually works... but maybe check to see if you are using 32bit or 64bit for both (not mixed)... and if not that, the only other thing I could think of would be to check the 'Options' file. Info on that here...
https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/opt ... file-live/

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:05 am

Hi there :D

Sounds like you need to use an external instrument in Live

I just so happen to have my own Youtube channel with a video how to set up rewire to Live :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPETBv6f ... re&index=3

Enjoy

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:14 pm

:oops:
Sorry, I read this as there is a ReWire 'problem'... I did not realize he was unfamiliar with using 'External Instrument' until your post made me take a second look at the op and realize he was not talking about the 'midi section' of the external instrument.

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:41 pm

Willyum wrote::oops:
Sorry, I read this as there is a ReWire 'problem'... I did not realize he was unfamiliar with using 'External Instrument' until your post made me take a second look at the op and realize he was not talking about the 'midi section' of the external instrument.
Ha,ha no worries Willyum :D

I read the post twice too,and realised the same thing

Great thing is that we can help each other out in some way

Zeddy

Post by Zeddy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:51 pm

If Live is not able to see Reason via Rewire, then make sure that you are running both programs as either 32 bit or 64 bit. If they are not the same, then Rewire won't work.

It's likely that you're running a 32 bit version of Live so you'll want to run Reason in 32 bit as well too. If you are on a Mac this is pretty easy to do (not sure how to do it if you are on Windows though): locate Reason in your applications, right click and then "Get Info". Make sure that the checkbox on "run in 32 bit" is checked. Then launch Live and then Reason and you should be good to go.