Soundtoys Echoboy not showing [solved]

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
solidsilver

Soundtoys Echoboy not showing [solved]

Post by solidsilver » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:58 am

I faced the loss of Echoboy yesterday for no real reason. It worked one day then stopped showing the next. In an attempt to help other Ableton users, this is the fix Soundtoys Dan sent me.

1) Close Ableton, and then right-click and select "Run as Administrator" (you will only have to do this once). If the plug-ins show up at this point, you're set. If not, move on to step 2.
2) In the "Options" menu, select "Preferences" at the bottom.
3) Click on the "File Folder" tab
4) At the bottom, turn "Use VST Plug-In Custom Folder" to "Off." Check to make sure that the file path listed below is correct, then turn it back to "On." Then hit "Rescan."

It worked btw
Studio: Windows 10 Pro 4770k 4.4GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H, 32GB RAM, 512SSD Running latest Ableton, Cubase, ProTools, S1v3 & Wavelab
Mobile: MBP mid 2014 Retina 15", i7 2.5Ghz, 512SSD - Running Latest Ableton Live

chrk

Re: Soundtoys Echoboy not showing [solved]

Post by chrk » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:23 am

solidsilver wrote: 4) At the bottom, turn "Use VST Plug-In Custom Folder" to "Off." Check to make sure that the file path listed below is correct, then turn it back to "On." Then hit "Rescan."
You may probably cut the turning off from this procedure:
Holding ALT while clicking the Scan button forces Live to ditch previous scan results and do a complete scan of the vst folder (this is from the Info View at the bottom of Live's screen).

solidsilver

Post by solidsilver » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi, thanks but did that several times. It was def the turning off part that did it. :D
Studio: Windows 10 Pro 4770k 4.4GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H, 32GB RAM, 512SSD Running latest Ableton, Cubase, ProTools, S1v3 & Wavelab
Mobile: MBP mid 2014 Retina 15", i7 2.5Ghz, 512SSD - Running Latest Ableton Live

ylikedis?

Post by ylikedis? » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:13 pm

chrk wrote:
Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:23 am
solidsilver wrote: 4) At the bottom, turn "Use VST Plug-In Custom Folder" to "Off." Check to make sure that the file path listed below is correct, then turn it back to "On." Then hit "Rescan."
You may probably cut the turning off from this procedure:
Holding ALT while clicking the Scan button forces Live to ditch previous scan results and do a complete scan of the vst folder (this is from the Info View at the bottom of Live's screen).
im speechless.
thank you for this wonderful secret