BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
ttilberg
Posts: 587
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:55 pm
Contact:

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by ttilberg » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:55 pm

eyeknow wrote:That's not true. In fact, bitwig (by the people, not the company) has been the most overhyped thing I can remember seeing in roughly 9 years of being into this stuff. Not that that is horrible or anything, but there are MANY people who think this is going to be the live "killa"
Man, this is so true with everything these days, don't you think? I don't know if you play video games at all -- but it's the worst there. I've been complaining like a jaded old man for a few weeks about this with Titanfall (and every other triple A game in the last two years). Way too much pre-sale marketing bonanza. I miss the days when a product would get released, and THEN people would talk about it.

In fact, I was just comparing Bitwig's release to Goat Simulator earlier this morning. Except Goat Simulator will be way more awesome, clearly.
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

CFM
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by CFM » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:12 pm

I always enjoy how $399 = 329 Euros - because we all know in Europe about tax, import duty and the massive transport costs from Germany.

I would also like to see what is their upgrade policy is going to be: because the exciting features are post version 1.

Plus Bitwig have not tempted me from Live @ 329 Euro's - 99 Euros maybe!

njh
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:58 am

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by njh » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:32 am

People are getting stupid about this. Its like the pre ordering video game nuts suddenly decided to start making music.

*gasp* Look at me im the first to get some software, wipdeey doo weeeee!!


I think its time for the jock bullies of the 80s to make a comeback and beat sense into everyone.

UncleAge
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:50 pm

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by UncleAge » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:52 am

CFM wrote:I always enjoy how $399 = 329 Euros - because we all know in Europe about tax, import duty and the massive transport costs from Germany.
Forget the currency conversion for a moment...How many Euros does a [edit:] 2 litre of milk cost where you are?

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:02 am

Hmm? Live users forgetting the massive amount of hype Live had for years when Bitwig now becomes the hype machine?
Not possible!

eyeknow
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by eyeknow » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:23 am

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

I don't know, maybe they were. But I've been on these forums for quite a while and I don't remember anything like it.

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:46 am

eyeknow wrote:Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

I don't know, maybe they were. But I've been on these forums for quite a while and I don't remember anything like it.
On these forums, well we're the initiated. :wink:

The hype for live in the electronic scene in general was out of this world though. A couple years ago here there was a few seminars given. Native Instruments had but a few people in the crowd, the Ableton one was packed… any kid for the last ten years has been hype about it, only Maschine compared before Bitwig started beta testing..

Though one thing, Live didn't do MIDI or instruments until version 4, that's when things really took off, so the hype factory was a slower incline upwards.

cstump
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:37 am
Location: Dona Ana, New Mexico, in the U.S.of A.

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by cstump » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:08 am

Machinesworking wrote:Hmm? Live users forgetting the massive amount of hype Live had for years when Bitwig now becomes the hype machine?
Not possible!
being as Live is a performance tool any "hype" that was generated is because of it's unique situation amongst the EDM, Hip Hop and dance music aficionados, Fl studio tried but Live still is the king. Now Bitwig is the new kid on the block, let's hope it makes some inroads and along with the hype it's generating allows the developers here to seriously take the competition to the next level and improve Live(better than it already is or could be).
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

pencilrocket
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 am

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by pencilrocket » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:38 am

When did Live become king? Pioneer deck and Traktor have been king and it isn't changed yet...
Image

jlgrimes
Posts: 1334
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:55 am
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:43 am

UncleAge wrote:Anyone else in Atlanta?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpO-YkJ9yMo

Edit: this is not my video. Found the link on another forum.
I'm in Atlanta.

UncleAge
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:50 pm

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by UncleAge » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:54 am

jlgrimes wrote:
UncleAge wrote:Anyone else in Atlanta?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpO-YkJ9yMo

Edit: this is not my video. Found the link on another forum.
I'm in Atlanta.
My reference was to the guy in video saying he bought BWS 2 days early at Atlanta store. So if you were there and really wanted it maybe you could catch the same deal I dunno...

Sibanger
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 am
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Contact:

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by Sibanger » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:21 am

njh wrote:
I think its time for the jock bullies of the 80s to make a comeback and beat sense into everyone.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

beatz01
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by beatz01 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:21 am

Pff they tweeted they need their goodnight sleep but come on, it's 10:20 am, even for Berlin standards that should be a time to wake up and release the damn thing ! Releasssssssssse it ! NOW !

:mrgreen:

Jorge3
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:02 pm

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by Jorge3 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Willyum wrote:Bitwig has a big hill to climb to match Ableton
What hill? What AL features apart from M4L is Bitwig missing?

On the contrary, how long is it going to take AL to have the following Bitwig features:

- hybrid tracks & partial bounce
- layered editing
- parameter histograms & enhanced per-note control
- macro for nested devices
- plugin sandboxing & simultaneous 32/64 bit support
- enhanced mixer page (large faders, cross-track device index...)
- open multiple projects
- metadata browsing
...

Timbeaux
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:47 am

Re: BitWig Studio bought - check out the video

Post by Timbeaux » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:22 pm

Jorge3 wrote:
Willyum wrote:Bitwig has a big hill to climb to match Ableton
What hill? What AL features apart from M4L is Bitwig missing?

On the contrary, how long is it going to take AL to have the following Bitwig features:

- hybrid tracks & partial bounce
- layered editing
- parameter histograms & enhanced per-note control
- macro for nested devices
- plugin sandboxing & simultaneous 32/64 bit support
- enhanced mixer page (large faders, cross-track device index...)
- open multiple projects
- metadata browsing
...

Lets wait and hear how it sounds...

Post Reply