Ableton Live 9.1.1 crashes

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eyeknow

Re: Ableton Live 9.1.1 crashes

Post by eyeknow » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Since it was fine with 9.1, have you tried the beta?

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:24 pm

Posting on a tablet excuse...

There are lots of reasons for crashes so a more detailed report of what you are doing at the time helps plus can u reproduce the fault everytime?

Recently I had some serious issues with freezing not responding and I found some interesting things while trying to fault find.

Firstly I found that Windows had turned on indexing of my drive where the library resides ( don't know how this happened but never a food thing to have this kind of background process interfering)

Also found that over time I had multiple installs of user library in various locations, compounded by live packs spread across these different locations! It's no wonder lib was freezing taking so long accessing files!

Also look for old installs an if u don't need delete if u do need then at least delete the old config/preferences from these old installation folders.

Defrag

Terabyte drive is this partitioned? Might be a. Good idea

Rest assured live is stable for most and I'm running the rc beta without any issue since resolving the Windows file/folder problems

Psychoactive_Music

Post by Psychoactive_Music » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:14 pm

Funny I should see this thread... about an hour ago Live crashed and I lost about 3 hours of intense work

It kept on crashing when I tried to open the program again, tried it 3 times.
so turned off my laptop for an hour

Turn it back on and boot up live
It couldn't restore from undo's

I have never said C*nt repeatedly more in my life then I did in the few minutes after