midi ch. 2 IN still going to midi ch. 1 inside of plugin

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kurtr2

midi ch. 2 IN still going to midi ch. 1 inside of plugin

Post by kurtr2 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:07 pm

can anyone help?

i am sending midi on channel 2 to kontakt but the first instrument which is listening to channel 1 is getting triggered. this happens for all instruments not just kontakt.

the midi input is set to all channels, and the lights for channel 2 light up when i play something, but in the plugin its only streaming that midi to channel 1....

any thoughts?

thanks,
K

kurtr2

Re: midi ch. 2 IN still going to midi ch. 1 inside of plugin

Post by kurtr2 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:18 pm

i want to setup kontakt with four differnt bass sounds set to listen to four different midi channels and address them separately by changing the midi channel from my controller. is this not possible? it seems no matter what channel i send to the plug it just reroutes it to channel one!

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:24 pm

You might have to create a second midi channel in live and route it.

kurtr2

Post by kurtr2 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:35 pm

whats the purpose of having a tracks midi input midi set to all channels if its always routed to channel 1 regardless of incoming channel?

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Sometimes controllers are set to all sorts of channels and it is a nuisance figuring out what is what. Also they might connect several different controllers with the intent of having them all control the same thing.

Live will accept all midi channels but if the Live channel is hosting a vst, the hosting channel converts everything to midi ch. 1.

In order to send additional midi channels to a multitumbral vst, you have to create a separate midi channel in Live and route that into the vst.

kurtr2

Post by kurtr2 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:31 pm

thanks for your reply.

i am setting kontakt up multitimbrally now with several midi tracks addressing the vst (au). now what is happening is that whichever other channel i use it will trigger that other channel but also trigger channel 1.

strange. ?

k