2 questions: response key / 2.0 upgrade

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zaius

2 questions: response key / 2.0 upgrade

Post by zaius » Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:24 am

hi-

sorry if this is a really obvious question, but i searched the archives and didnt get a direct answer, and now im in a bit of a panic.

1st quest:

i just bought live 1.5 last month, and am just now getting around to installing it (sorry, i have a job AND a girlfriend), but im looking at the sticker on the back of the cd case the software came in, and the serial number is there - but no response key. ive tried registering the software online (ableton.com), but it says that i have to unlock it first, and to unlock it - i need the response key. do i have to jump through more hoops to get the response key - or could it be a print error and was left off my cd sticker? im trying to remain optimistic.

2nd quest:

is the upgrade to 2.0 for 1.5 owners no longer available?!!? this would suck, because this is what i bought the software to ultimately do (be able to upgrade) and there was notification of an expiry date. im trying not to feel ripped off, but i do feel a bit jooked.

i can be resposible for my persoanl lack of awareness, but dammit - when i drop $300 usd on software, the last thing i want to do is jump through convoluted hoops to be able to use when i know damn well people using kracked versions are having far more playtime because im still stuck in the red tape. rest assured, i can get the krackered version - but im trying to support something i honestly believe in.

HELP!

thanks for letting me talk, you guys are good listeners. or something...

zaius

FederalApe

Post by FederalApe » Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:31 am

Use the krack. Dont support this sprocketware yet (ESP, 2.0x), its not worthy.

Put your $ towards something worthwhile, like vinyl :twisted:

space stevens

huh?

Post by space stevens » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:05 am

Mr. Federal Ape, c'mon here! this thing is one of the best tools around! Live begins to really take us in the correct direction of manipulating audio like the way our brain thinks. There's always the love for vinyl, but we're going towards better things here... :)

geargasm

Post by geargasm » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:40 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's entitled to a free upgrade. Just register and you should have the option of downloading 2.0.

fuentes925

Post by fuentes925 » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:55 am

Hello

First question..

When you first install live it will give you a challange #, then you have to e-mail Ableton with your serial # and the challenge # and they will e-mail you back with the responce #. Make sure you write all this numbers down on the manual or some where you wont forget because they say they may ask for these numbers later. and you will need these numbers for future up-grades. So the responce # is not supposed to be on the C.D. sticker. Just read manual carefully and you should be fine. :wink:

Miguel

Credo

Post by Credo » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:54 pm

Zaius

Q2: I asked Ableton [kleine] about this (how to do the free upgrade) and received this reply:

"Please be a bit patient, it´ll work soon.
Currently you´ll get the "unlock before uprade" message... "

(thats when you try to 'upgrade')

FederalApe: I know a person who was once running cracked software, He proudly told me the other day that he had turned legal when it came to the great software Live!

Live is just worth the cost.

C

micc

Post by micc » Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:24 pm

... yeah... cracked software...

strange... I have just cracks on my titanium.... but live is the only thing legal... really weird....

zaius

Post by zaius » Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:39 am

hey! thanks people... your insight and voices are most appreciated, for sure.

bernds sticky post on the 2.0 upgrade sealed the deal for me - and ill probably noodle with 1.5 for a while before i jump 2.x anyway, just to get used to the water, so to speak...

merry christmas y'all - and to y'all a good night.

8)

zaius

Post by zaius » Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:42 am

Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:39 am
woah - its still christmas here, im on my girlfriends moms computer and it apparently has no idea what day it is...

peace, digital audio and christmas cookies.
zaius