Maschine 2.1 Update now available.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kb420

Maschine 2.1 Update now available.

Post by kb420 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:40 am

NEW IN MASCHINE 2.1:

Sounds accessible on pads on sample recording screen
A batch function to set all sounds in a group to the same MIDI channel. MIDI export available on the Group and Sound levels
Undocked NI plug-in windows can be pinned to remain active when not in focus
Scenes can be selected/triggered via MIDI input when MASCHINE is running standalone
Mix page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE MK2 controllers has been expanded and now provides access to level and pan settings for groups and sounds
A setting that only turns the metronome on when the Record button is enabled
Real time group erase function.
Shift functions allow fast scroll browsing.
Play quantize option –notes played live on the pads are quantized in real time
Control software views from the navigate page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE STUDIO controllers
Instantiating the first plug-in on an empty sound updates the name of that sound to the plug-in name
Sound, group volume & pan knobs are only displayed on hover
ALT+Drag for copy-pasting single elements (patterns, scenes, plug-ins) in the Groups / Sounds lists and the plug-in chain
Browser performance improvements
Numerous bug fixes, as well as performance and stability improvements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnCV1V89uVI
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

panten

Re: Maschine 2.1 Update now available.

Post by panten » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:27 pm

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:33 pm

I am new user to Maschine and NI,but reading and listening to avid users of Maschine 2.0,its a great update :D

One thing I found was I could not update from the Service Center,tried 3 times and it failed :o :cry:

So what I did ,is this:

Downloaded the update from my online Native Instruments, account,and installed that way,that worked a treat :D
I'mno expert but the issue seemed like to come form the Service Centre

Thought I would mention this,as some people over at N.I forums are experiencing the same issues are I have.

I have also contacted tech support about this ,as well,waiting to hear back.

Cannot wait to see whats new in this update,seen the intro video,via Natives site,about the updates

kb420

Post by kb420 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:52 pm

david.barker wrote:I am new user to Maschine and NI,but reading and listening to avid users of Maschine 2.0,its a great update :D

One thing I found was I could not update from the Service Center,tried 3 times and it failed :o :cry:

So what I did ,is this:

Downloaded the update from my online Native Instruments, account,and installed that way,that worked a treat :D

Thought I would mention this,as some people over at N.I forums are experiencing the same issues are I have.

Cannot wait to see whats new in this update,seen the intro video,via Natives site,about the updates

You are not the only one. I couldn't update from the Service Center either. I did the same thing you did. I downloaded it from the my online account. Not a big deal. It worked without any problems. I'm new to Maschine, but I really like that you can now use the mixer from hardware. I don't have the Studio. I'm using the Mk2, so it's a big deal for me.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:47 pm

kb420 wrote:
david.barker wrote:I am new user to Maschine and NI,but reading and listening to avid users of Maschine 2.0,its a great update :D

So what I did ,is this:

You are not the only one. I couldn't update from the Service Center either. I did the same thing you did. I downloaded it from the my online account. Not a big deal. It worked without any problems. I'm new to Maschine, but I really like that you can now use the mixer from hardware. I don't have the Studio. I'm using the Mk2, so it's a big deal for me.

I bought the Maschine Mikro as its suits my space and pocket,would like to have bought the MK2,but money and space is tight.
But the whole update is really cool,lots of focus on workflow,but batch processing midi is a great attraction
Having to drap and drop your midi into your DAW and then transpose it,was a pain

Beat making has been a nemisis of mine for some time,but getting better (just need to find more time) away froma busy workload,ha,ha :D

iloyd2

Post by iloyd2 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:05 pm

kb420 wrote:NEW IN MASCHINE 2.1:
A setting that only turns the metronome on when the Record button is enabled
Ableton? You hear?

boderekstits

Post by boderekstits » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:18 am

can you post the info from that thread here?

I got banned from the forums for some reason.

Thanks.