Best FREE 64 bit VST plugins

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Russound

Best FREE 64 bit VST plugins

Post by Russound » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:36 pm

After switching to 64 bit pc, my entire VST library became useless. On top of that, I have found close to none good 64 bit VSTs, like less than 1/10 of all plugins are 64bit compatible. Now I know that programs like jBridge can convert the 32 bit VSTs to 64 bit, but I have a minimal budget for music making, and don't really want to spend any money on such things either at the moment.

So if anybody has any links to favorite free 64 bit plugins, or better yet a free 32-64bit converter, that would be very helpful to myself and many others I'm sure.

I'm particularly looking for subtractive synths, good sounding Saxophone or orchestra strings, Ambient synths, and modulation effects.
Thank you!

cstump

Re: Best FREE 64 bit VST plugins

Post by cstump » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:01 am

Try this handy dandy tool at KVR:

http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php

Also there is a review section there.
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:21 am

Russound wrote:Now I know that programs like jBridge can convert the 32 bit VSTs to 64 bit, but I have a minimal budget for music making, and don't really want to spend any money on such things either at the moment.
There's no room in your budget for JBridge ($15) to get all your previously invested-in plugs working? Seems all the stuff you'd get back would be worth that outlay (again, $15)

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:37 am

Maybe he have also other Hobbies and since "Musicmakers" today like DJ`s (sandcorns at the beach)
he will spent his money into something more promising - who knows.

Even today you will have to spent 2-5 k into Plugins, Gear, Hardware and shit and you
will not have made one Noise in HD - just figuring and learn and install and tweak
and try and buy.

So if he is not sure about that way - let him try his luck with free 64bit pluggos.

cstump

Post by cstump » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Google is your friend too. :wink:

It may be a convenience to post a question like this and hope others will do the work but it really is up to you to figure out what you will need as we all have VST libraries filled with stuff that we haven't used or are gonna use that were recommended or that we found ourselves. You may get some gems here but don't be surprised at the bits of sarcasm.

Good luck
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

Russound

Post by Russound » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:47 pm

I have Googled a lot and have not found anything good, thats why I posted the question, to see is others might already know some good places to get plugins, not to just do research for me.
And thank you for the KVR link, haven't seen the website yet surprisingly, very helpful.

And no, I don't not have $15 for jBirdge, it's just that I wanted to see if there are good 64 bit VSTs that would make me not even have to buy it at all. I do plan on getting it as it seems there is no way around using jBridge if you wanna make music on a 64 bit pc.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:44 am

Or you could simply work with live 32bits when you have to use vst plugins.
Ableton live 64bits is not a major step forward compared to the 32bits.

I would say Don't bug your mind with this.

just my two cents

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Hermanus wrote:Or you could simply work with live 32bits when you have to use vst plugins.
Ableton live 64bits is not a major step forward compared to the 32bits.

I would say Don't bug your mind with this.

just my two cents
^ That, unless you're actually maxing out your RAM, all you're doing by going 64 bit is cutting yourself off from your 32 bit plugs!
Also, from your phrasing:
Russound wrote:After switching to 64 bit pc, my entire VST library became useless.
it sounds like you went to 64 bit because you got a 64 bit PC, which doesn't actually mean anything as regards running 32-bit programs! It just means that your computer *CAN* address 64-bit computing, not that you have to run 64 bit programs.

Russound

Post by Russound » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:23 pm

antarktika wrote:
Russound wrote:After switching to 64 bit pc, my entire VST library became useless.
it sounds like you went to 64 bit because you got a 64 bit PC, which doesn't actually mean anything as regards running 32-bit programs! It just means that your computer *CAN* address 64-bit computing, not that you have to run 64 bit programs.
You can use 32 bit Live 9 on a 64 bit system?!?! I tried running certain programs on my new 64 bit pc that didn't work, I figured that 32 bit stuff doesn't work on 64 bit pc.
Feel really dumb now...
Disregard this whole thread! :oops: