can I move the Live packs content to an external hard drive?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kompletemail

can I move the Live packs content to an external hard drive?

Post by kompletemail » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:32 pm

I would like to move all Ableton sample content to an external hard drive including all Live Packs and instrument samples, they are already installed so how should I go about doing this?

I see that Ableton says that Live suite has 55 gigs of content (I currently use suite) but when I look at the user Library folder on my hard drive (mac) then it says only 22 gigs is there another place that more content can be hiding? I pretty sure I tried to install every last bit of available content that was available when I purchased it.

Can you help me out? I am running out of hard drive space and rarely ever use any ableton factory content but might want to hang on to all the drum sample content for the presets.

cotdagoo

Re: can I move the Live packs content to an external hard drive?

Post by cotdagoo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Should be able to change the location of Live Packs in the preferences, pretty sure it asks you if you want to move all the packs to the new location.

kompletemail

Post by kompletemail » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:35 am

cool man thanks I actually forgot to inquire about moving all Ableton content ...

miakisz

Post by miakisz » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:52 am

cotdagoo wrote:
Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:11 pm
Should be able to change the location of Live Packs in the preferences, pretty sure it asks you if you want to move all the packs to the new location.
Indeed this works. Thank you.
After pointing to the new location within the Ableton Live browser, it asked if I wanted to also move the Packs to the new location.