Mackie Onyx 1220i Help please!!! ???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sdmiddleton

Mackie Onyx 1220i Help please!!! ???

Post by sdmiddleton » Sun May 11, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi All,

A long time since my last post, but i need some suggestions or help if poss please!

I recently bought the mackie Onyx 1220i firewire mixer, and very nice it is too - however, I niavely didn't realise its limitations as a soundcard when sending outputs from Ableton.

I'm basically trying to send a click track from Ableton to a drummer, whilst we send the master to the main mix. however, it appears the mackie only has 1 stereo output, channels 1-2 and so by turning on the metronome, it will come out of the main mix - not a good look when playing live on stage.

I was hoping there would have been another stereo output at least for the cue mix, but sadly not!

I'm wondering if anyone had any suggestions to work around this problem - The first I can think of is sending a midi click, but it would be nice to have an audio option too. Apparently you can link firewire devices with the onyx mixers, but i'm wondering whether that will actually achieve another set of outputs or not??

If anyone can help - will be v v grateful!

Cheers All :)

sdmiddleton

Re: Mackie Onyx 1220i Help please!!! ???

Post by sdmiddleton » Mon May 12, 2014 9:37 am

Hi All,

Just in case anyone else is affected by this - I have solved the problem by creating an Aggregate device which has allowed me to use the built in Output on the mac as my cue channel - Here's how to do it if anyone cares! :)

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3956
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88448