OS 9 Users

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xl5

Post by xl5 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:08 pm

anti-banausic wrote:Ok, look, last July/August I got to see Gerhard give a demonstration of LIVE4 when it was newly born here in new york. And guess what computer he was using.....a G4 laptop. I think that a lot of these guys are using Apples....they probably want all the things that you want because, don't forget, some of them actually make music with the same software that you are using....

And all the comparisons to Cubase or Logic....I know it is do-able, but have you gigged with either of those lately?

Look, I trust these guys. I understand there is no problem in asking for more and newer features, and some that you would think would have been obvious for a long time....but their priorities may be a little different than other DAWs....

So, ask for what features you may want, but in no way does that mean be an ignoramous. You are not the only one for which this earth revolves around this sun....you should count your blessings that you even are before you open your mouth and show that you are really ignorant of the life that has been bestowed upon you.

I mean, I could bitch about dual CPU support, or h/t support, but in reality, I choose to use this software because it makes making music more creative, individual, and spontaneous than other software....if you would like something different than so-be-it.

Or, if you didn't want to read all that, just ask nicely!!!!
I don't know how you came to think that I though the earth was revolving around me but… (though it would explain the constant headaches :lol: ) I think that all you said is pretty obvious to everyone. At least it never escaped my mind that Live was/is different. If you had read everything thoroughly you would have understoud that from the beginning. I am very happy that you trust them and I think that the great majority of happy users, LIKE I, does the same. I'm sure no one at Abelton feels attacked or betrayed by any of the very polite posts in this thread (apart from yours which is borderline, seriously). For the rest, please don't take it the wrong way but I suggest you do some yoga or something, it sounds like you need to relax just a little. Cheers