ipad & ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
yur2die4

Re: ipad & ableton

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:29 pm

I think Griid dropped support for all things.

And so I no longer have faith in Liine. (Bitter)

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:33 pm

yur2die4 wrote:I think Griid dropped support for all things.

And so I no longer have faith in Liine. (Bitter)
Probably. haven't seen an update for a year at least which is probably about how long ago I even tried it. Touchable/Lemur/TouchOSC seem to be the leaders today.

Jinsai

Post by Jinsai » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:10 am

yur2die4 wrote:If you use a home internet router, this stuff usually works pretty well wirelessly.
Unfortunately, this just hasn't been the case for me, on my old iPad or my newer air model. For some reason, the communication would just vanish in the middle of working on a project, which is something that I cannot risk in a live setting. Many times the ad hoc connection wouldn't even show up. It made using it just awful.

I love the iConnect box.

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:34 pm

I did some research on wired ipad midi connections a while ago because my laptops wifi card would produce audio dropouts. I found out that the only app that would offer reliable wired connection is lenur. I went along with a line 6 midi mobilizer mkI and an app called midi bridge which is similar to midiox on windows. For me it works that way. More modern osx midi interfaces like the line 6 mkII or the iconnect allow u to ditch internal midi routing apps like midi bridge but still dont connect to apps like touchosc or touchable. At some point i bought touchable anyway because i simpley couldnt resist and found it more powerful than any other controller i know for ableton. Setting up an ad hoc connection is actually less if a hassle than doing so for wire. So my recommendation is this: if your laptop can handle wifi without audio dropouts get touchable.

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:37 pm

I see Touchable2 was updated to 2.04 on 1 July.
Did they fix the wired connection issue or do you still have to go wireless or with an Iconnect?