What is your honest feel on our chances to have PDC fixed?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TTOZ

What is your honest feel on our chances to have PDC fixed?

Post by TTOZ » Thu May 22, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi, i know there are many topics about this, and rants, and migration to other hosts, and of course, those who simply don't care (that would be so much easier for me hehe!)

But for some reason in my mind i always expect that the next update is going to fix the issues, even to the point i am constantly checking beta release notes even for v9.xx

Have any of you actually thought "it will never happen"?

For those that remain positive, what do you think the chances are that we may have it by version 10? I know it's all speculation, but it also makes me wonder if it doesn't come with 10, if some would actually jump ship.

Cheers, and discuss if the topic is of any interest, if just another pdc annoyance topic, please just bypass it :)
I am bitwig, pick me, pick me, i now hAs midi export!

ilya.soloviev

Re: What is your honest feel on our chances to have PDC fixed?

Post by ilya.soloviev » Thu May 22, 2014 5:27 pm

A lot of famous producers using Live to make top 10 hits every day...even more switching from Logic to Ableton Live. Why you care so much about it? Care more about your skills and don't fill your head with this pdc bullshit.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Thu May 22, 2014 5:28 pm

It will be fixed and 100% functional in version 9.1.3.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu May 22, 2014 5:34 pm

That's cruel
ImageImage

TTOZ

Post by TTOZ » Thu May 22, 2014 5:35 pm

ilya.soloviev wrote:A lot of famous producers using Live to make top 10 hits every day...even more switching from Logic to Ableton Live. Why you care so much about it? Care more about your skills and don't fill your head with this pdc bullshit.
So do you want to know why i care about it or would you rather insult my skills of which you know nothing and TELL me not to care about "pdc bullshit"? Which one?

It was a genuine question on whether people thought it was coming, and yet somehow in the first reply someone found a way to get personal and insult.

:roll:

Bejeezus, would love to know what i said wrong *this time*.

PS.. where are your stats about "even more" switching from logic to live? Link with info or STFU. I would never use live as my main host because of this, that has nothing to do with my skills - it simply means i do not want to waste my time moving automation manually. Cause if you actually KNOW how pdc works in live, which i DO, every facet of it and every limitation, it can cause MASSES of mixing problems and added extra time with bouncing/flattening, etc etc. It's not that i can't work around it, i'd rather it had proper PDC. Big deal. SHOOT ME!

If PDC worked in live the way it does in logic,cubase,S1,PT,Sonar,DP etc.. i'd love to use it as a rewire master to reason as that's the easiest way for me to compose my beats and basslines.
Last edited by TTOZ on Thu May 22, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Thu May 22, 2014 5:35 pm

PDC was actually fixed in Live 7, but no one has opened the program to check cause they're too busy complaining about it on the forums.

TTOZ

Post by TTOZ » Thu May 22, 2014 5:37 pm

infernal.machine wrote:PDC was actually fixed in Live 7, but no one has opened the program to check cause they're too busy complaining about it on the forums.

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

ilya.soloviev

Post by ilya.soloviev » Thu May 22, 2014 5:48 pm

TTOZ wrote:
ilya.soloviev wrote:A lot of famous producers using Live to make top 10 hits every day...even more switching from Logic to Ableton Live. Why you care so much about it? Care more about your skills and don't fill your head with this pdc bullshit.
So do you want to know why i care about it or would you rather insult my skills of which you know nothing and TELL me not to care about "pdc bullshit"? Which one?

It was a genuine question on whether people thought it was coming, and yet somehow in the first reply someone found a way to get personal and insult.

:roll:

Bejeezus, would love to know what i said wrong *this time*.

PS.. where are your stats about "even more" switching from logic to live? Link with info or STFU. I would never use live as my main host because of this, that has nothing to do with my skills - it simply means i do not want to waste my time moving automation manually. Cause if you actually KNOW how pdc works in live, which i DO, every facet of it and every limitation, it can cause MASSES of mixing problems and added extra time with bouncing/flattening, etc etc. It's not that i can't work around it, i'd rather it had proper PDC. Big deal. SHOOT ME!

If PDC worked in live the way it does in logic,cubase,S1,PT,Sonar,DP etc.. i'd love to use it as a rewire master to reason as that's the easiest way for me to compose my beats and basslines.
And? Whats the purpose asking again over and over? Only Ableton staff knows about it. So the value of your thread = 0. Do you need speculations? ok then...

ilya.soloviev

Post by ilya.soloviev » Thu May 22, 2014 5:50 pm

And i didn't want to insult you. And i didn't say nothing about your skills. Too bad you got me wrong...

TTOZ

Post by TTOZ » Thu May 22, 2014 5:53 pm

Ok.. peace..

what i was trying to ascertain, if there was a point where now that bitwig is out, that people think ableton might take it seriously, and if they don't do it in V10, will people leave.

This is actually useful infos even for ableton.

The topic is different from others cause it's not really designed to be bitching about the lack of proper PDC.. more to gauge people's feelings on if they think it will happen.

memes_33

Post by memes_33 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:11 pm

i think its important as well. i no longer use live for mixing b/c i was running into problems using delay buses.
Hip-Hop, Breakbeat, Glitch, IDM, Dub, & Mashups! Go to:
http://memes.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/memes_33

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Thu May 22, 2014 6:23 pm

@TTOZ; Is it important to me? Yes. Is it the main reason I have not upgraded yet? No. Is it important to the powers that be at Ableton? They haven't shown me any reason to think that it is important to them. So to answer the question in the title of the thread, yes, I think that PDC will be fixed. The question no one can answer is when. And the more important question for me is will I give a damn about Live by the time they decide to fix it? I can't answer that either.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu May 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Out of curiosity - does anyone have a *audio* comparison that represents this issue they can post? I know it's a real issue, I'm not debating that at all. I've seen plenty of evidence like screenshots showing misaligned waves, etc. There is definitely something wrong in Live here. What I'd like to hear though, is a track that was rendered 'properly' in one of these other DAWs, and then the same track rendered through Live with it's inherent issues.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

TTOZ

Post by TTOZ » Thu May 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Matt_Quinn wrote:Out of curiosity - does anyone have a *audio* comparison that represents this issue they can post? I know it's a real issue, I'm not debating that at all. I've seen plenty of evidence like screenshots showing misaligned waves, etc. There is definitely something wrong in Live here. What I'd like to hear though, is a track that was rendered 'properly' in one of these other DAWs, and then the same track rendered through Live with it's inherent issues.
I did a write up about it at KVR and had a video link which showed what happens.. would that interest you? If so i can do a search and find it.

The video was interesting in that it specifically showed how the automation and kick drum was off an entire beat.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu May 22, 2014 6:53 pm

TTOZ wrote:
Matt_Quinn wrote:Out of curiosity - does anyone have a *audio* comparison that represents this issue they can post? I know it's a real issue, I'm not debating that at all. I've seen plenty of evidence like screenshots showing misaligned waves, etc. There is definitely something wrong in Live here. What I'd like to hear though, is a track that was rendered 'properly' in one of these other DAWs, and then the same track rendered through Live with it's inherent issues.
I did a write up about it at KVR and had a video link which showed what happens.. would that interest you? If so i can do a search and find it.

The video was interesting in that it specifically showed how the automation and kick drum was off an entire beat.

Yes, definitely. Thanks!
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.