What is your honest feel on our chances to have PDC fixed?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eyeknow

Re: What is your honest feel on our chances to have PDC fixed?

Post by eyeknow » Wed May 28, 2014 6:34 am

Well, I'm not the foremost expert, but there are latency issues with live that I can only assume are related. If I put something that introduces latency ANYWHERE in live, I get.......latency. For example, when demoing that abby roads fake stereo thing (yeah, I could have just looked it up) I got funky latency on ALL TRACKS even if I deleted it :x There is something up. Didn't happen with studio one.

TTOZ

Post by TTOZ » Wed May 28, 2014 11:25 am

eyeknow wrote:Well, I'm not the foremost expert, but there are latency issues with live that I can only assume are related. If I put something that introduces latency ANYWHERE in live, I get.......latency. For example, when demoing that abby roads fake stereo thing (yeah, I could have just looked it up) I got funky latency on ALL TRACKS even if I deleted it :x There is something up. Didn't happen with studio one.

yes, that's how bitwig and live work unfortunately. Since these are the only two hosts that do this, they are obviously coded re pdc quite similarly.

But at LEAST live has a way to enable low latency on the track you are recording. That's *something*.

Studio one worked this way till i talked to the devs and they changed it before release.. phew... They realised it was less than ideal...

but once it is deleted latency should disappear, so that indeed is weird. Do you mean the abbey road ADT plugin?
I am bitwig, pick me, pick me, i now hAs midi export!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed May 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Yes. It was bizarre. I tried filing a support ticket with both and got nowhere with it. I keep thinking, it CAN'T just be me. But of course they couldn't reproduce it :roll:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed May 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Ok so it's being working on with the 9.2 beta.... :)
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed May 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Come on now...

TTOZ

Post by TTOZ » Sat May 31, 2014 12:12 am

Could be a bug with the waves plugin in bitwig specifically, and i don't think they support bitwig anyway.

Unless you meant live, indeed it is then weird. i just tried to reproduce it and couldn't. Once plugin is deleted, latency is gone.

However in the wacky and wonderful world of computers, sometimes the oddest thing might happen, the most obscure bug, and it might take months or 1000 tries to repeat it again. So i wouldn't worry about it (nor let it put you off the superb ADT plugin, as it really is pure magic on vocals ) :)
I am bitwig, pick me, pick me, i now hAs midi export!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat May 31, 2014 4:11 am

Yeah, it's a strange one.

DaWrecked1

Post by DaWrecked1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:50 am

TTOZ wrote:FWIW, to fix automation timing with PDC, live does not need a rewrite. A rewrite is only needed if they want to fix the playhead being in time with very latent effects.

They need to *add* code to tell the automation to shift by the track latency. The rewrite thing is just a myth. They could *add* a box showing the tracks latency and an automation nudge parameter even.. that does not move the automation visually, so everything can still be drawn where you want it to strike, then just nudged the amount of ms needed. It could be done..

If they want to overhaul the audio engine from the ground up, different story. The thing is, the engine is good, performance is good, and it's pretty much gapless.. so... wouldn't want them to do anything drastic there personally.
Man U must be psychic. That's exactly what their doing with the 9.2 beta I've been testing. Even the box showing a plugins latency.