The OfficiaL Ask Ableton A Question About Live 5 Thread !!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
braj

Post by braj » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:47 am

Digital DJ wrote:Does Ableton Live only support MIDI files? If so...How do I convert music files to MIDI?
It supports audio and midi (started out as an audio app, just got midi with V4)

Digital DJ

Post by Digital DJ » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:38 am

braj wrote:
Digital DJ wrote:Does Ableton Live only support MIDI files? If so...How do I convert music files to MIDI?
Thanks. Another question...(Sorry if I seem n00bish) How do I open tracks from my explorer and use them with the Mix/Remix studio? I was only able to use the sound samples and samples given to me for the demo. Or is it that the demo doesn't support importing files?

braj

Post by braj » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:59 am

Digital DJ wrote:
braj wrote:
Thanks. Another question...(Sorry if I seem n00bish) How do I open tracks from my explorer and use them with the Mix/Remix studio? I was only able to use the sound samples and samples given to me for the demo. Or is it that the demo doesn't support importing files?
I really recommend trying the turorial, it'll teach you a lot very quickly, much better than this forum IMO.

What is Mix/Remix studio? What are you trying to do exactly?

::mic-minimal::

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:03 am

your question belongs elswhere, this thread is about the upcoming version of Live.

you have to use the 'folder icons' on the left side of the screen, there are three of them, click on them along with the arrows at the top of the live browser to navigate to where your samples are stored on your computer. then drag the samples from there into your sessions. you don't drag from 'explorer' you drag samples from Lives browser.
for the love of Live

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:19 am

nunrgguy wrote:It already does that - as long as you are just using repitch and not beats mode etc.
Livewire wrote: yea you can do this one clip at a time, but i'm talking about a global option to do them all at once.
That would be awesome! Also hoping that Live 5 at last will get the RePitch function right, so that you will be able to use it by external MIDI as well (not having to reach for the mouse to RePitch a Clip).
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com