Problem after updating to Win 7

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
m:o

Problem after updating to Win 7

Post by m:o » Mon May 26, 2014 11:00 am

Hi

i`m currently getting some issues with Live 9 newest version, after updating my PC

Win Xp > Win7 professional
i7 4770k Processor
gigabyte z97ud5h motherboard
8 GB ram
RME Multiface via PCIe
onboard Videocard

while overall performance of the new system is great (Live Performance test, DPC Latency), i`m experiencing very sluggish GUI response from Live.
every 3-5 seconds the gui grafics are lagging, not responding to the user input. Even if i play notes via the Keyboard, the notes are getting lost during such a lag. Currently i`m using the onboard intel prcessor grafics, which should be superoir to my old MSI cheapo graficcard. I´m wondering if this is an Grafic issue or something else? The behavior is the same when i disable The Ableton Index process.

I hope someone can help
4770K/Live9Suite/Max4Live/Push/RME UFX/NordModularG2X/Machinedrum SPS1 UW/Elektron Analog Four/MBase11/Adam A7X

http://soundcloud.com/sphereandlowthing

chrk

Re: Problem after updating to Win 7

Post by chrk » Mon May 26, 2014 11:54 am

Try switching to a design that doesn't use Aero.

Control Panel, Appearance and Personalization (Systemsteuerung, Darstellung und Anpassung)

m:o

Re: Problem after updating to Win 7

Post by m:o » Mon May 26, 2014 11:59 am

I have already Aero disabled. Also most Windows DAW tweaks are done.

I installed my old MSI graficcard and disabled the onboard Grafics - sadly still the same.
lagging gui, interrupted note input
4770K/Live9Suite/Max4Live/Push/RME UFX/NordModularG2X/Machinedrum SPS1 UW/Elektron Analog Four/MBase11/Adam A7X

http://soundcloud.com/sphereandlowthing