Getting track expanded/collapsed views in session/arrange

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aporia

Getting track expanded/collapsed views in session/arrange

Post by aporia » Fri May 30, 2014 5:58 pm

Like many other folks, I work primarily in arrange mode to write most of my tunes.

I like to flip back to session mode to mix and make level adjustments, because the meters make good visual sense in my workflow.

I notice when I 'collapse' a group of tracks in arrange OR session mode, that view preference holds between the two modes.

Make sense to me on some degree - even though clips are independent between session and arrange, the mixer is the same.

I'm wondering if anyone has figured out how to change this behavior...

So you can use your meters to mix volume on busess without needing to see 50 tracks in session view ...

Ideally, I'd like to collapse my groups in session mode and then also be able to toggle back to arrangement view and not have to expand all my groups out if I want to edit the individual clips within a group.

Make sense to anyone else?

a minor annoyance, but I thought worth a question.
I destroy music to make music.
My releases as AK:
facebook | twitter | soundcloud | youtube

Valiumdupeuple

Re: Getting track expanded/collapsed views in session/arrange

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Fri May 30, 2014 11:33 pm

No, you can't do it. A solution though, would be to route each one of your group output to "buss" tracks. If you put them at the bottom of your Arrangement, for example, you'll have access to all of them on the right hand side of your Session, near the return tracks. Or you could maybe stretch them to make them very large and visualise them rapidly.