Free Eventide multi effect plugin

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dna598

Re: Free Eventide multi effect plugin

Post by dna598 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up, this looks totally excellent. 8O (apart from the fiddly looking knobs)
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:29 am

sonik777 wrote:So is ilok manager a pain to use? Does it conflict with any other software?
So far no, the activation and installation is a few steps but the manager is unobtrusive and is very light on resources. :)

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:30 am

eyeknow wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
eyeknow wrote:Hey, got it. Now I have TWO non-ilok FX that I haven't installed and don't use :lol:
What's the other? :P

Already got ilok manager installed for little primal tap, well worth it and not had any issues so don't be scared homies. 8)
The mentioned little primal tap.
Excellent plugin. ;)

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:56 am

dna598 wrote:Thanks for the heads up, this looks totally excellent. 8O (apart from the fiddly looking knobs)
Just installed and finding the GUI a bit hard on the eyes and yeah the knobs do look cheap but the omnipressor and eq sound very good.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:37 am

Eventide can make GUIs like this:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4dFxnVv2Bg
when they can be bothered.

Liam

Post by Liam » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Installed and activated with iLock etc but the vst64 does not show up in Live (Rescan completed of course).

MrCravon

Post by MrCravon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:57 pm

I installed this and played with it for a couple of hours. I must say it sounds amazing! Really glad I downloaded it! I can see why some complain about the "old" look, guess Eventide put their time in to making it sound good.

I used the 64bit VST version, excellent sound, no problems!

slicedbread

Post by slicedbread » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:09 pm

the real-time pitch micro-shifting looks good. the demo video does a good job of showcasing what it can sound like on certain material. nice for a freebie.

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:32 pm

XSIMan wrote:Eventide can make GUIs like this:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4dFxnVv2Bg
when they can be bothered.
Someone must have let the intern have a go. 8O

slicedbread

Post by slicedbread » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:02 pm

for anyone complaining about the aesthetics of ui's (not ergonomics)... if it works, it works. pro's across different engineering disciplines use apps that look like vb6/msdos monstrosities. it's only really consumer ended software that needs flashy graphics for marketing.

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:10 am

haha, opened it for the second time ever today, and the Ilok manager has already fully boned the installation and won't run it. Had heard of Ilok being a total crap protection scheme many times before, now I've had the joy of experiencing it myself!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:01 am

Can you be more specific? Many people have installed it, used it and have reviewed it.

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:52 pm

Eh, I fixed it by uninstalling/reinstalling the iLok license manager. Hopefully it doesn't continue to cause issues, because I'm aware of plenty of people who simply will not deal with iLok protected software because stuff like this apparently is not really much of an exception to the norm.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:23 pm

I grabbed this for the pitch shift function, so I'm glad I got that for free...

as for the rest of the thing -- are you guys really gonna just drop your previous EQ's and Compressors and suddenly use this ugly thing? I find that so odd, if so. I use ableton's EQ and Compressor and have never felt the need to go third party. The only thing that -sorta- tempted me was trying the Fab Filter stuff: loved the EQ, didn't like the compressor much. But bottom line, keeping it native always feels better: the devices are great (no matter what junk people say) and what's more, I love the left-to-right signal flow as represented in Ableton, and the fact that I can see exactly what all my devises are doing, in a chain, without having to individually open and drag around each and every one of them. Just to save the click of opening and closing feels crucial to me by now, I've been using ableton so long.

anyway, this thing, back on subject: it's ok. it sounds fine to me but, well see above, I'll never use it for anything but potentially the micro-shift.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:33 pm

I need to spend more time with it. I'm ummed and erred about getting an ilok dongle so it's a good chance to test the quality of eventide's stuff and yes i've read the horror stories about the ilok servers going down.

I thought it could be good for the mix and master buses but it could also be used as an fx return, i didn't realize you could reroute the effects. Yeah not sure i'd replace PSP Neon just yet but i've yet to test it on a range of stuff, used it on a track where i was having trouble with the drums and got some nice results. I'll have to create a rack to compare but i'm not sure how i'd replicate the transformer and omnipressor with Live's effects. I've not really messed with the delay yet either.