Free Eventide multi effect plugin

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
XSIMan

Free Eventide multi effect plugin

Post by XSIMan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:12 pm

UltraChannel is available as a free download until July 8, 2014, after which it will cost $249. You can pass the share code around.
Requires ilok manager and an account but no ilok dongle required.
for AAX64, AU, VST Mac and PC 32bit & 64bit
Use this code 09040C01
http://bit.ly/UltraChannel

UltraChannel™ is Eventide's new 64-bit native channel strip plug-in for AU, VST, and AAX64 for Mac and PC featuring micro pitch functionality from our flagship H8000, stereo delays with variable feedback paths, plus two stages of compression, gating, and five bands of parametric EQ. UltraChannel is available as a free download through midnight July 8, 2014, after which it will cost $249.
UltraChannel features a pair of dynamics processors: the O-Pressor™, capable of extreme compression (this is the compressor section of the Omnipressor®) and a conventional compressor with de-essing and side-chain capability.

UltraChannel™ also offers Soft-Saturation, and Transformer emulation which recreates transformer core saturation. This feature adds harmonics to low frequency material while remaining relatively transparent to the rest of signal. While relatively subtle, in aggregate, Transformer can bring life to otherwise dull mixes and help glue disparate sound sources together.

FlexiPath™ routing allows drag and drop for reordering the signal path of the top level components (O-Pressor, compressor/de-esser, EQ, Gate).

UltraChannel includes a variety of factory presets tailored to signal sources such as guitar, bass, kick drum, snare, piano, strings, synths and vocals. A number of the presets were created by Eventide artists.
Last edited by XSIMan on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

njh

Re: Free Eventide multi effect plugin

Post by njh » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:25 pm

Serious Question:

Whats the point of these multi effect/ channel strip plug ins? Most daws come with all these effects built in along with unlimited inserts. :?

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:30 pm

Because eventide spends more time getting these kinds of effects to sound right. Not all Abletons effects are good Ableton doesn't have time to spend a year on one type of effect like effects companies do.. I might not use this plug because I have Soundtoys and you can just build up a multi effect with a chain of those. So while it's free try it if you prefair Abletons or another plugin maker that's upto you.

login

Post by login » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:33 am

Well Eq8 and both compressor from Live are quite good, the glue is one of the best compressor around. Limiters and gates are not usually for character.

Live is missing a better reverb, so really not much use for this, and quite ugly gui (look like from 2004).

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:24 am

Eventide make great products. A free $249 plug in that does de-essing, two types of compressors etc.

Glad this was posted, and think it's hilarious people are complaining about it.
As if compressors all sound the same. :|

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:31 am

Glue and EQ Eight are in the list of the best but they were not made by Ableton they were made by Cytomic, a company that has time to work on one plugin for a year. I feel Eventide just don't get the plugin market I would like them to make something new with a modern GUI. Eventide Ultrachannel is from 2006 which explains the dated GUI but eventide say they have improved the algos and compatibility with todays formats. Try the delays and pitch shifter on it before you judge it you will not get a sound as good as these with Live's own effects.

Abletons none IR reverb is awful and the IR one is not very musical. Try Valhalla Vintage or Eventide Blackhole.
Exonential Audio reverbs are on sale this week.
Last edited by XSIMan on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:26 am

XSIMan wrote:I would them to make something new with a modern GUI. Eventide Ultrachannel is from 2006 which explains the dated GUI
This forum is the only music forum I visit where the GUI matters more or as much as the sound. Seriously I couldn't give a fuck whether it's a Skeuomorph design or some graphic art firms idea of 'modern', just simply do not care.

Personally Ableton's own plug ins are the worst to me, because they all look exactly the same, with no variation to let you quickly jump to a section. Yet people get all wonky about some mediocre copy of hardware?... bleh! All it means is there are a few more plug ins that do interesting things that will not be used by the graphic arts crowd. :lol:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 am

I dunno, I think many built in live fx are pretty good (doesn't stop me from buying many others)

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:41 am

Hey, got it. Now I have TWO non-ilok FX that I haven't installed and don't use :lol:

cstump

Post by cstump » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:55 pm

eyeknow wrote:Hey, got it. Now I have TWO non-ilok FX that I haven't installed and don't use :lol:
I finally bit the bullet and got the iLok manager(because of Omni Studio and UVI). I went ahead and licensed the UltraChannel and will give it a go. One good thing all the modules are moveable and not static which means you can put the EQ before Compression or at the end of the chain. I think if it works as well as eventide hardware it will be a goto channel strip and i like the addition of the micro pitch function.

All the hassle of the iLok manager aside I think it's worth a try.
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 pm

is it also in 64 bit?

cstump

Post by cstump » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Timbeaux wrote:is it also in 64 bit?
See the original post... yes
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:57 pm

eyeknow wrote:Hey, got it. Now I have TWO non-ilok FX that I haven't installed and don't use :lol:
What's the other? :P

Already got ilok manager installed for little primal tap, well worth it and not had any issues so don't be scared homies. 8)

sonik777

Post by sonik777 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:50 pm

So is ilok manager a pain to use? Does it conflict with any other software?

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:10 pm

musikmachine wrote:
What's the other? :P

Already got ilok manager installed for little primal tap, well worth it and not had any issues so don't be scared homies. 8)
The mentioned little primal tap.