Ableton wont respond about Crash Report?....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
elgrayso

Ableton wont respond about Crash Report?....

Post by elgrayso » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:02 pm

I emailed ableton my crash report but did not hear back... after a week i emailed them again asking what was up and they said i never sent them the error report file (which my email showed i had done). so i sent it again. then never heard back so messenged them a week later. then didnt hear back and messenged a week later again...

what do i do?

agent314

Re: Ableton wont respond about Crash Report?....

Post by agent314 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:34 pm

Open a support ticket? Emailing crash reports just sends them to an automated queue.

login

Post by login » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:36 pm

I don't think that they answer crash report as if they were solving users support issues, so write to support about the problem you are having.

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:41 pm

yes i am talking about ableton support, thats who i emailed.

and like i said, they emailed back and even said "Please resubmit the requested files so we can take a look.
We look forward to hearing back from you." then i gave them the .alp in a reply, but i never heard back. so i waited and then asked about it. then they said they hadn't got that file, so i sent it again but never heard back... then i asked what was up again and never heard back....

maybe submit the same crash file as a new ticket from a different email address?

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:59 am

Have you uploaded the report to their support website? That is the best way to make sure you are in their queue.myou get assigned a job number and someone is responsible for the ticket.

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:29 pm

thank you.

im not sure if thats the same thing i did before, but i just uploaded the .alp file to the support contact page.
hopefully they get back to me on that.

thanks again

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:50 pm

On OSX there is a crash report created every time there is a crash. This is separate from the .alp file you sent. Did you also send the crash report file?

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:57 pm

no i do not know of this.
actually i think that might be originally what i sent them and then they said they wanted the .alp file (i know i sent them a generated crash file that was the "wrong" file originally, but this was months ago so i dont remember).

i am not home right now but later i can open the trouble session and let it crash.

at that point what files should i send them?

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:08 pm

I'm not at my computer right now so I cannot give you the file extension. However, if you are not given a dialog box at the time of the crash allowing you to report the crash, just reopen Live. A window should open on the right stating there was a crash and asking if you would like to send the crash report to Ableton. There should be a link to a file in that window. That is the crash report.

You can open it in any text editor and read it if you like. But make sure they get that file along with any other information requested.
Last edited by UncleAge on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by re:dream » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:09 pm

If you can open without it crashing, make status report. Help --> get support and follow the directions.

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:29 pm

re:dream wrote:If you can open without it crashing, make status report. Help --> get support and follow the directions.
it crashes each time i open it. thats the problem. i think the next time i open ableton it remembers it crashed and gives me options tho...

Post by re:dream » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Yes, if you can't send them the status report (the report you generate from within the set) sending them the crash report is the only option.