(futile) Live 5 Browser feature request

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
JJupiter

(futile) Live 5 Browser feature request

Post by JJupiter » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:58 pm

My (futile) feature wish is this:

If you select a folder in the Live 4 Browser, you can open/close the folder with the right/left arrow keys. I would love to have this concept extended to files (samples) as well, such that if you would press the left arrow key, it's parrent folder would be selected, and a subsequent 'left' would close the folder.

The above would help so very much if one is going through sample libraries containing a huge number of entries per folder, and scrolling back (or forth) to get to the next (sub)folder.

By the way, this concept is like the Windows (XP) Explorer when using the View->Explorer Bar->Folders.

Very much anticipating Live 5! :-)
JJupiter

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:09 pm

Fruityloops also uses this method for sample browser interaction.

As JJupiter mentioned, it is great for people with loads of samples to be able to shuffle through folders.

Should be do-able for the 5.0 release SURELY! ;-)

Stefan Franke

Re: (futile) Live 5 Browser feature request

Post by Stefan Franke » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:45 pm

JJupiter wrote:My (futile) feature wish is this:

If you select a folder in the Live 4 Browser, you can open/close the folder with the right/left arrow keys. I would love to have this concept extended to files (samples) as well, such that if you would press the left arrow key, it's parrent folder would be selected, and a subsequent 'left' would close the folder.

JJupiter
Yes, it's exactly like this in Live 5.

supster

Post by supster » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:28 pm

Stefan Franke wrote:

JJupiter

awesome :)
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

JJupiter

Post by JJupiter » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:32 am

Stefan Franke wrote:

JJupiter
With this answer in the pocket, I'm even more excited. yesss. Where is the beta... :D

conny

Post by conny » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:45 am

Stefan Franke wrote:Yes, it's exactly like this in Live 5.
Spooky!

Reminds me of a book I read about the mind: When we become conscious of a descision, the nonconscious part of the process has already made the descision, but this relation is delayed so that we think we made the descision when it became conscious and not before.

When we want something from the abletons, we are fooled to think we came up with it, when in fact it was already there so we could unconsciuosly make it a wish...

Maybe sweetjesus could do a hexeditor dump and reveal where the mindreading code in Live is located 8O

// C
PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/