9 point 1 point 3

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Tarekith

Re: 9 point 1 point 3

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Agreed, Ableton has many levels of beta testing, the public beta forum is only one of those and the only one most people have access to. Don't read too much into what see or don't see there :)
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
InnerPortalStudio.com - Professional Audio Mastering

manimal

Post by manimal » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:15 pm

My library corrupted (again) after opening the new update, it took 2 instances of me opening Ableton for it to happen, The first instance crashed at the splash screen :roll: :roll:
I sell Synth presets
https://sellfy.com/BoBSwanS

deva

Post by deva » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:49 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
deva wrote:Yup... disappointing that Push development essentially stopped... Makes me wonder if it is being tied to the next major Live upgrade.
That would be a major fuck you to the users of Push :x

But I somehow doubt it, that's not how Ableton operates, remember they gave Live 8 64bit support in 8.4 just before releasing Live 9.
Which was the right thing to do, not going for the easy up-sell to Live 9.
You may well be right...

Still, no new Push functionality has been added in recent updates. So I wonder then how will Push improvements come?

I'd like improvement with the handling of Aftertouch. I consider it unusable out of the box. I appreciate that Ableton made the little utility to correct the wild color variations but they stopped short of doing it right. They should have also added a per pad brightness control on the utility as well. The color variations are now reasonable enough, but there is still a fair bit of brightness variation. I guess they did not get enough complaints about it, but I wish that was not what decided it.

And of course there are various functional ways it could be improved in the control of Live. For example, I'd sure like to see the step sequencer be velocity sensitive. At this point, I have no expectation that this will happen and I stopped asking.

A couple peeps have been developing a Push script for Bitwig. With their script, the step sequencer already does respond to velocity (yeah!)... and you can record to arrangement. Plenty of stuff still not there, but I think there is a fair chance that in 6 months, Push will work better with Bitwig than with Live.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:12 pm

deva wrote:
And of course there are various functional ways it could be improved in the control of Live. For example, I'd sure like to see the step sequencer be velocity sensitive. At this point, I have no expectation that this will happen and I stopped asking.
Stray made a little script (free) that does this, but if you want to use this don't upgrade yet, it's only compatible with 9.1.2 so far

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:55 am

For me, it's the little things with push. Like, having it so that if you have a midi clip with stuff already recorded, it will still count the metronome on start :x

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:45 am

First problem is some crashes with granulator II :x

I thought some stuff had been fixed :x

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Unfreezing is a problem

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:17 pm