An Old Reaktor Question Reborn

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JES

An Old Reaktor Question Reborn

Post by JES » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:33 am

Hi All,

I've used the search function to no avail. I have Reaktor 5.9 and Live 9.1.3. I have an ensemble open. I hit "configure" in Live and turn a knob in the ensemble and nothing happens. Can someone please point me to where it's explained how to make Reaktor's parameters available to Live?

Thank you.

--JES

Tagor

Re: An Old Reaktor Question Reborn

Post by Tagor » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:29 am

maybe you need to activate midilearn-option in reaktor (right click on the knob)?

on win 7 x64 it works flawless with the configure-option in Live 9.1.3

just create an empty set, put in reaktor on a miditrack,choose an ensemble, push configute and voila,
the knob is available.

8O

Re: An Old Reaktor Question Reborn

Post by 8O » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:05 am

Which ensemble are you using?

Sometimes, in the ensemble, the global automation ID for that control has been set too high and Live won't see it. I think Live will see up to ID=1000, but no higher.

To check the ID for the control, go to edit mode in Reaktor, then right-click on the control and show its properties. At the bottom of the Connect tab you can see that control's automation ID, e.g...

The NI ensembles should all be configured correctly, but I've seen some user creations where the builder forgot to check this... Or, it can happen accidentally when creating a new ensemble from multiple instruments...