PULL Ableton Device/VST controller

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
xmonsta
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: PULL - iPad/Android Device/VST controller

Post by xmonsta » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:08 am

We've just released our new DIVA template for PULL. Available now:

http://www.xmonsta.com/product/diva-vst ... e-xplugin/

This template is bundled with xPlugin, which brings the capability to manage more than 128 parameters in Ableton (Ableton's limit is 128). DIVA has over 250 available parameters which this template can control. xPlugin requires Max 7 in order to work.

Image

We are also releasing xPlugin on it's own as a standalone product, which will be detailed in another post.
http://www.xmonsta.com Music devices and controllers for Ableton Live

Image

xmonsta
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: PULL-Control Ableton & Max Devices and VSTs with your iPad

Post by xmonsta » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:28 pm

20% discount off PULL - the Ableton Device/VST controller for a limited period.

USA, UK and any other customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT.

Due to EU rules brought in from 2015, we now have to charge all EU customers VAT, which make the discount slightly less for EU customers.
http://www.xmonsta.com Music devices and controllers for Ableton Live

Image

Stromkraft
Posts: 7033
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

Re: PULL-Control Ableton & Max Devices and VSTs with your iPad

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:19 am

xmonsta wrote:20% discount off PULL - the Ableton Device/VST controller for a limited period.

USA, UK and any other customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT.

Due to EU rules brought in from 2015, we now have to charge all EU customers VAT, which make the discount slightly less for EU customers.
Please xplain why you would charge VAT-registered companies VAT? The new VAT rules of 2015 does not warrant that. All software companies within EU like Native Instruments, Ableton and so on waive or pays back VAT to companies who supply their VAT-registration number whose validity can easily be checked at the official EU web site.

When you as a non-EU body charge VAT there's nowhere to turn to ask for a VAT repayment either, as there is no clear national tax authority to consult. Even if there was the sums are typically too small to be valid.

The UK is part of EU. Why is the UK exempt? What is the agreement you claim to rely on?
Make some music!

xmonsta
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: PULL-Control Ableton & Max Devices and VSTs with your iPad

Post by xmonsta » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:16 am

Stromkraft wrote:
xmonsta wrote:20% discount off PULL - the Ableton Device/VST controller for a limited period.

USA, UK and any other customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT.

Due to EU rules brought in from 2015, we now have to charge all EU customers VAT, which make the discount slightly less for EU customers.
Please xplain why you would charge VAT-registered companies VAT? The new VAT rules of 2015 does not warrant that. All software companies within EU like Native Instruments, Ableton and so on waive or pays back VAT to companies who supply their VAT-registration number whose validity can easily be checked at the official EU web site.

When you as a non-EU body charge VAT there's nowhere to turn to ask for a VAT repayment either, as there is no clear national tax authority to consult. Even if there was the sums are typically too small to be valid.

The UK is part of EU. Why is the UK exempt? What is the agreement you claim to rely on?
Hi Stromkraft,

You're welcome to contact us directly, if you are a registered EU company. We don't have a facility to handle that on the website at the moment (like many small companies). We don't have to charge UK VAT, because we are a UK company. We only need to charge VAT to UK customers if we are UK VAT registered company.
Last edited by xmonsta on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.xmonsta.com Music devices and controllers for Ableton Live

Image

Stromkraft
Posts: 7033
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

Re: PULL-Control Ableton & Max Devices and VSTs with your iPad

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:13 am

xmonsta wrote:
We don't have to charge UK VAT, because we are a UK company. We only need to charge VAT to UK customers if we are UK VAT registered company - which we are not.
Thanks for your response. It's interesting you're saying that software to private citizens and businesses within the UK are both VAT exempt. This is the opposite of how I thought it would work, which is that native parties would all pay VAT, but VAT registered businesses would balance the VAT payed to VAT on sales.

Thanks for handling these situations also for companies. I appreciate that.
Make some music!

xmonsta
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: PULL-Control Ableton & Max Devices and VSTs with your iPad

Post by xmonsta » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:14 pm

Stromkraft wrote: Thanks for your response. It's interesting you're saying that software to private citizens and businesses within the UK are both VAT exempt. This is the opposite of how I thought it would work, which is that native parties would all pay VAT, but VAT registered businesses would balance the VAT payed to VAT on sales.
The EU should do it the same way the UK do it. You have to reach a certain threshold in the UK before you become VAT registered (and have to calculate and pay VAT). Having to calculate VAT in one country is no small task, let alone having to do it for 28. Many businesses in the EU may have to weigh up the costs vs benefits of doing business in the EU. It is a very odd decision indeed, and one that is bound to stifle small internet businesses and the innovation they bring to the EU.
Last edited by xmonsta on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.xmonsta.com Music devices and controllers for Ableton Live

Image

xmonsta
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm

PULL-Touchscreen Ableton Device/VST controller

Post by xmonsta » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:23 pm

We're getting ready for two big new releases here at xMonsta.

First up is our touchscreen Sylenth1 template for PULL - http://www.xmonsta.com/new-releases/syl ... -for-pull/

If you like the amazing Sylenth, you're going to LOVE this!

Image

You can not only control this amazing synth on your touchscreen, but also you can navigate banks and preset files, along with folders of files.

Image


Second release will be an updated version of PULL. This improves loading time massively and makes navigating your ableton set much faster. We've also got rid of the "External" program (which sends templates to the Lemur) - now this is all done inside the one Max device.
http://www.xmonsta.com Music devices and controllers for Ableton Live

Image

xmonsta
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: PULL-Touchscreen Ableton Device/VST controller

Post by xmonsta » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:38 pm

We get asked this question quite a lot, here is the answer to using Lemur OSC over usb.

MyWi – http://support.liine.net/customer/porta ... pport-tcp-

(PDANet also might be free)

or

Ehternet over USB – http://9to5mac.com/2014/01/10/video-con ... easy-hack/
http://www.xmonsta.com Music devices and controllers for Ableton Live

Image

xmonsta
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: PULL-Touchscreen Ableton Device/VST controller

Post by xmonsta » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:37 am

We've just launched a new version of PULL - V2.2

This is a significant update and virtually a complete rewrite of the software. Now PULL is incredibly fast to use with Ableton. Here are some of the update highlights:

PULL - V2.2

Virtually every aspect of PULL has been optimised for speed:
  • Templates load in the background - so they don't slow down Ableton at all
  • Faster Template loading
  • Faster Parameter loading
  • Faster Navigating - in Ableton Tracks/Devices
  • Track/Device navigation - improved
  • Faster Send Mode - sending templates to the Lemur is now significantly faster
  • External has been removed - All template sending is done inside the single AMXD now
  • Re-loading already loaded template - PULL does not reload a template if it is the same as the currently loaded template. It just refreshes the parameters, since there is no need to send the template again.
  • Timeout - A timeout has been added to template sending. If the network isnt working, the template will stop sending after 2 seconds. This stops the spinning wheel and lock ups when setting up your network, or loading PULL for the first time in your set.
Template fixes:
  • EQ8 fixed, to allow LP/HP resonance to be moved with XY
  • AutoFilter template - improvements to XY movement

Global OSC Send/Receives

This is a significant update that allows you to access all the unfiltered messages being sent in/out of PULL. For instance, you may want to use this if there are hidden parameters that you want to control over OSC, but you don't want them to become part of live's undo history (or allow them to be recorded). The global send and receives are set up as follows:

"s XDeviceSEND" - to send messages

"r XDevice RECEIVE" - to receive messages

Hope you like it
http://www.xmonsta.com Music devices and controllers for Ableton Live

Image

phakju
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:35 am

Re: PULL v2.2 released Touchscreen Ableton Device/VST controller

Post by phakju » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:35 am

Cool ... do we still need MAX 7 for DIVA etc templates?
MacBookPro, OSX 10.11.4, Ableton 9.6.2b, Max 7.2.1 both 64bit

xmonsta
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: PULL v2.2 released Touchscreen Ableton Device/VST controller

Post by xmonsta » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Phahju,

Yes, Max 7 is required for Diva (only xPlugins use Max 7, so DIVA Sylenth1 etc).

Just wondering if there's any reason not to use Max 7? It seems really stable. It's still free.
http://www.xmonsta.com Music devices and controllers for Ableton Live

Image

cotdagoo
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: canuhduh

Re: PULL v2.2 released Touchscreen Ableton Device/VST controller

Post by cotdagoo » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:46 pm

xmonsta wrote: Just wondering if there's any reason not to use Max 7? It seems really stable. It's still free.
Initially I was having a lot of dropouts with Max 7 - I could see in the signal chain that it was the PULL device dropping the signal as the devices before had signal, and the ones after did not.

The same thing would happen with my DIVA template - I could hit a note repeatedly, and eventually there would be a complete drop out of audio - from the DIVA patch.

I wasn't sure what was happening, or why.. but wouldn't get the same dropouts using Max 6 (and using the older PULL for max6 version).

Eventually screwed around with Max 7 registration/trial and think it might have had something to do with licensing or activating the demo of Max 7 that finally made the dropouts stop. Still not entirely sure though since I was just screwing around.

xmonsta
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: PULL v2.2 released Touchscreen Ableton Device/VST controller

Post by xmonsta » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:38 pm

Hi Cotdagoo,

This is the first report we've had of audio dropouts, with max 7. Would be great to know at which point you got the dropout - was it when you selected the device? Was it generally while the device was selected? Was it when you were loading/refreshing parameters to the Lemur?

There is a new version of PULL you could try with? It's a complete rewrite and may resolve this problem for you.

If your problem is with the Diva xPlugin. We're about to release a new version of this soon. We've improved parameter loading (it was going too fast before, which I guess could have caused a dropout, but didn't on the multiple machines we tested it on - it just didn't update all parameters properly) and we're also removing some buttons (so they can still be controlled, but dont get recorded, or added to the undo que - such as open/close plugin). Would be great if you could get in touch with our support email on this, because we can send you a pre-version to see if we can resolve the issue on your machine.

Cheers
http://www.xmonsta.com Music devices and controllers for Ableton Live

Image

randi
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:03 am

Re: PULL v2.2 released Touchscreen Ableton Device/VST controller

Post by randi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:05 am

hi,
just bought Pull (and Lemur), and having a problem with missing letters. E.g. the "t" of Tension, the "a" of the transport button, the "y" of the keyboard button etc. Any idea how to fix this?
Also the surface of Pull does not cover the whole screen, there's about 2cm on both sides unused, and it does not go into immersive mode. Is that a lemur or a Pull problem?
PC
Ableton Live 9.1.7
M4l: 6.1.9
Win 8.1

Tablet:
Galaxy Note 10.1 (old edition)
Android 4.4
Lemur 5.2
(btw the lemur settings look quite weird, is that normal? just recently bought lemur as well)
Thx
Markus

xmonsta
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: PULL v2.2 released Touchscreen Ableton Device/VST controller

Post by xmonsta » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:29 am

randi wrote:hi,
just bought Pull (and Lemur), and having a problem with missing letters. E.g. the "t" of Tension, the "a" of the transport button, the "y" of the keyboard button etc. Any idea how to fix this?
Also the surface of Pull does not cover the whole screen, there's about 2cm on both sides unused, and it does not go into immersive mode. Is that a lemur or a Pull problem?
PC
Ableton Live 9.1.7
M4l: 6.1.9
Win 8.1

Tablet:
Galaxy Note 10.1 (old edition)
Android 4.4
Lemur 5.2
(btw the lemur settings look quite weird, is that normal? just recently bought lemur as well)
Thx
Markus
Hi Markus,

Lemur templates for Android need to be resized to fit the screen . Best to contact our support[at]xmonsta[dot]com email address. We have a version for the Lenovo Yoga (10.1 inch), which should be the exact same size as your Galaxy note, so we can forward this to you.

If you have the latest version of Lemur, there is a new feature with scrollbars at the top and side, so you can move the template around if it doesnt fit the screen.

Cheers

Si
http://www.xmonsta.com Music devices and controllers for Ableton Live

Image

Post Reply