Midi Drum input device / drum pads?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wildcon

Midi Drum input device / drum pads?

Post by wildcon » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi There,

I have been imputing drums either from the comp keyboard, a synth keyboard or Push.

However, I like the idea of 'Playing' the drums a bit more for input.

I don't have room for something like V Drums, so would need something that could sit on a desk (maybe mic stand to play live).
I'd also like to use with Logic and to trigger Easy drummer if poss.

Any suggestions very welcome

Thanks in advance.

:)
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

JoshG567

Re: Midi Drum input device / drum pads?

Post by JoshG567 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Motherfuckin' MANDALA: http://synesthesiacorp.com/mandala-mk29

I want one pretty badly:

"The Mandala patented POSITION SENSOR not only allows the Mandala strike surface to sound like an acoustic snare from the center to the edge, it actually allows the Mandala to be any drum you ever imagined at the click of a mouse. Assign it up to six zones and you have a whole drum, a whole kit, or a whole band in one pad. Then use all 128 controller zones to add an effects matrix to your entire surface. All this and more is available as simple easy to use drop down menus."

Sounds like it would satisfy your space requirement, for one thing, while giving you full kit flexibility.

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:04 am

Cool - :) :)

I definitely like the look of that, although I could see me wanting 2 of them!! £££

Shame the software can't be loaded as a plugin.

MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

JoshG567

Post by JoshG567 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:03 am

I'd probably just use it to send MIDI to Live for my own samples/VSTs, but once I started playing with the native natural snare emulation I'd probably fall in love with it. I've never really played drums but it's such a sick interface I'd probably get my wrists strong pretty quick.