Edit drum rack in Ableton Live 9 INTRO

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dancreatesmusic

Edit drum rack in Ableton Live 9 INTRO

Post by Dancreatesmusic » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Can you edit the drum rack in Ableton Live 9 INTRO? I have Ableton Live LITE 8 and can't edit the drum rack. I'm thinking about buying the 9 INTRO Version if this feature is possible

thank you very much!

login

Re: Edit drum rack in Ableton Live 9 INTRO

Post by login » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:17 pm

According to the feature comparission in Abes site, yes drum rack functionality is included https://www.ableton.com/en/live/feature-comparison/

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:48 pm

If I recall correctly, it's because it probably includes Live instruments that you do not have a license for, such as Sampler (not Simpler), Operator, etc. I think the Intro version has a bunch of Read-Only presets that have those fancier instruments built in to get that sound, but hidden from the user.

You can still create custom drum racks however, using Simpler, and import and modify any others that only use Simpler.
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

Dancreatesmusic

Post by Dancreatesmusic » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm using the Novation Launchpad at the moment. The full access to the drum rack is the reason to buy the intro version but live 8 lite offers me the same things. If the durm rack is read-only there is no need to buy a new version, I think. I don't get very smart by reading the comparison between the products 'cause in the live lite 9 version the drum rack is also included as you can see on this page: https://www.ableton.com/products/live-lite/features/.