APC40 mkII or Touchable?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
oblique strategies

Re: APC40 mkII or Touchable?

Post by oblique strategies » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Matt_Quinn wrote:Having occasional issues with sets hanging, but as this is not for live use, not that big a concern.
Can you provide some details regarding the sets hanging? What are the symptoms & what do you do to overcome the problem?

I'm going to be using an iPad & touchAble soon, with the goal of using them in performance, & I'm gathering as much info as I can.

Any other issues touchAble users care to comment on?

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:22 pm

Symptoms: Touchable just not reflecting the Live set accurately. I'll be plugging away jamming, and then maybe add a device to a track or a new track (via my desktop), and Touchable *occasionally* does not 'see' it once it's added.

I've solved it every time by simply killing Touchable and reopening it which you can do without stopping your Live set. When it reopens, it sees everything properly. I think it's just a momentary break in connection, but haven't chased it down as it's pretty rare. I can still say with 100% enthusiasm that this is *easily* the best companion tool for Live I've ever used. It is pure genius. I love having both Touchable and my APC mk 1 on my desk, but if I had to give up one, it would be the APC.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

Jed

Post by Jed » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Also sets made on the ipad using the Korg Gadget app now export directly into Ableton. A great feature

cheers
Jed

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Thanks Matt_Quinn for the details & the solution! :D