Free Mastering

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
vonparty

Re: Free Mastering

Post by vonparty » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:08 pm

I'm not trying to hide that I work for LANDR and don't see the problem in writing the odd post on music production forums like this one... it's hardly spamming... I would hope that it shows we care not just about reaching new users but about what they actually think of the service.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:35 pm

You're trying to reach new users and promote your service in a thread where a long time forum contributer is celebrating 5 years of running his own business. One that competes directly with yours. It's just poor form, there's a hundred better mastering-related threads for something like that.

I don't have any issues with people using forums to promote their business personally, but if you're going to work for a company and promote their services, at the very least modify your profile to reflect that you're an employee. A signature, your forum name, something so it doesn't come across so sneaky.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:39 pm

I didn't even took the time to say thanks to you Erik. I have a lot to do those days but I hope I'll have an hour soon to write you a little thanks email.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:27 am

vonparty: take a hike!

Erik: congrats! :)
PS how are those new and amazing looking mastering monitors going fo you if I can ask. How do you find them compared to your old Opals?

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:23 pm

vonparty wrote:I'm not trying to hide that I work for LANDR
bullshit. you purposefully did not make it clear that you work for LANDR.

you have poor manners.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:33 pm

ze2be wrote:PS how are those new and amazing looking mastering monitors going fo you if I can ask. How do you find them compared to your old Opals?
They're amazing, it makes listening to music such an immersive experience. Compared to the opals the biggest difference is the definition on the low end. The Tylers just make it a lot easier to hear exactly what's going on in the bass region, really nice upgrade for me.

AndyL1

Post by AndyL1 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:44 pm

LAnDR is great...but its an unsympathetic ear for the material involved...great for demos, online, if you dont wanna get ripped, but then not a true rep. of your work. Id suggest proper mastering over this app everytime, but, for soundcloud etc...use this...it over accentuates the highs and cuts the sub...brings the buyers closer to purchase, rather than ripping from a stream......by 2 dimes!!!:~)

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:11 pm

AndyL1 wrote:LAnDR is great...but its an unsympathetic ear for the material involved...great for demos, online, if you dont wanna get ripped, but then not a true rep. of your work. Id suggest proper mastering over this app everytime, but, for soundcloud etc...use this...it over accentuates the highs and cuts the sub...brings the buyers closer to purchase, rather than ripping from a stream......by 2 dimes!!!:~)

You're aware that we can see you're a brand new user and this is your first post, right? Are you PR guys completely unaware of how the internet works?

Edit: I should give you the benefit of the doubt actually, and assume initially that you're not PR. It's the Canadian in me.