Livid DS1

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jekblad

Re: Livid DS1

Post by Jekblad » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:22 pm

2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

Hepta

Post by Hepta » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Anyone more has experience with this controller now?

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:01 pm

I'm still in the market for a mixing performance controller and I keep coming back to the DS1 because it seems like it could fit my needs.

I want basic mix control but I am curious if anybody has experience with the DS1 and Ableton yet.

Is it possible to map the knobs on each mixer channel to the 1st 5 macro controls on each channel and be able to bank between sets of 8 channels?
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

login

Post by login » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Airyck wrote:
Is it possible to map the knobs on each mixer channel to the 1st 5 macro controls on each channel and be able to bank between sets of 8 channels?
The first part is possible usign the User remote scrip, but the suer remote script can't use banks.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:47 pm

login wrote:
Airyck wrote:
The first part is possible usign the User remote scrip, but the suer remote script can't use banks.
Thank you :) I guess the DS1 is out of the running.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Airyck wrote:
login wrote:
Airyck wrote:
Thank you :) I guess the DS1 is out of the running.
Why would you need banks specifically? The navigation of the DS1 is too slow without it?
Make some music!

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

I want to bank around during live performances and to be able to change up what song I'm playing (out of order). Banking is important in really large Live sets for me.

I've already just decided to use Touchable 3 along with my Push controller for now. I was thinking about possibly getting a Livid Code just to have some extra knobs MIDI mapped to some specific controls if I feel the need for that. Since the touch faders on Touchable 3 are actually pretty awesome with the ability to snap back and also limiting the levels I guess I don't really need much else for now.

R.

Post by R. » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:04 am

Hi,

Hope we're all well, Just thought I'd reignite this thread in the hope someone might bite.
. I have a quick question concerning my Livid DS1. I purchased this second hand a while ago and everything seemed to be working ok. On play with the controller further I have noticed that during the middle of my jamming the controler would blink, turn on and off and reset itself (booooo).

I have a few suspicions as to what it my be but this is only guess work as I have unfortunately run out of talent trying working out what it is :unamused:

My first suggestions is that it seeeeeems to happen when using some of the pan pots in the middle - Im wondering whether a dodgy connection could cause it to turn on and off?

Secondly the projects that I run are kicking out high CPU usage, Im wondering if there is a Core issue that is causing it to blink out?

Im wondering if you have any suggestions to help me troubleshoot this issue. The livid forum's last post was in 2019 and the contact page goes to 404 not found, so its hard to get information straight from the source.

Thanks for your help, R.