NI Komplete Kontrol

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Stromkraft

Re: NI Komplete Kontrol

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:50 am

beats me wrote: I have K9U and don’t really see a point in upgrading to K10U
I know it's a side note here but could you say anything about what made you get Ultimate? I've been looking it over a few times and there's nothing in Ultimate that looks like something I must have, but then of course I haven't tried out the stuff that is only in Ultimate. What Ultimate-only features do you appreciate, if you don't mind me asking?
Make some music!

kb420

Post by kb420 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:30 am

Stromkraft wrote:
I know it's a side note here but could you say anything about what made you get Ultimate? I've been looking it over a few times and there's nothing in Ultimate that looks like something I must have, but then of course I haven't tried out the stuff that is only in Ultimate. What Ultimate-only features do you appreciate, if you don't mind me asking?
I got Ultimate when they had the upgrade on sale for half price. I personally just wanted Razor, George Duke, Alicia Keys, and the other added effects. For $199, it seemed like a really good deal.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:43 am

kb420 wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
I got Ultimate when they had the upgrade on sale for half price. I personally just wanted Razor, George Duke, Alicia Keys, and the other added effects. For $199, it seemed like a really good deal.
I wanted Damage and Action Strings. Buying those 2 separately would total $600. Getting them as part of the Ultimate upgrade for $200 on the holiday sale is a no brainer.

The upgrade to U10 might also be a no brainer for getting Rounds, Kontour, Polyplex, Session Horns Pro, Drumlab, Action Strikes, and Molekular among other things for just $200. I already have Rise & Hit and Kinetic Metal which are cool. The included U10 content would probably be well over $1,000 if bought separately. I have some months to think about it.

isham

Post by isham » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Waiting also a promo if it ever happens (even in Jan), NI are used to offer promo after December season ?

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:42 pm

isham wrote:Waiting also a promo if it ever happens (even in Jan), NI are used to offer promo after December season ?

Historically they should be doing their 50% off deal in December. A lot of people will probably jump on it and shipping times will be delayed for at least several weeks.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:13 pm

beats me wrote:
isham wrote:Waiting also a promo if it ever happens (even in Jan), NI are used to offer promo after December season ?

Historically they should be doing their 50% off deal in December. A lot of people will probably jump on it and shipping times will be delayed for at least several weeks.
Patience is the key. I'm waiting until December for the K10U upgrade too.
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

isham

Post by isham » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:05 pm

Thank you both ! Yes patience is the key (pun intended) and I still hope ableton will annonce something big for Namm. No rumours leaked so far :cry:

kb420

Post by kb420 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:43 pm

isham wrote:Thank you both ! Yes patience is the key (pun intended) and I still hope ableton will annonce something big for Namm. No rumours leaked so far :cry:
In the meantime, I'm having fun playing around with the Komplete Kontrol browser in Live. :D :D :D
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:34 am

I just seen Komplete Control does NOT work on Mac 32 bit

I'm wondering if Komplete 10 Ultimate would be the same?

Does anyone here know?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:16 am

Asymmetricalmusic wrote:I just seen Komplete Control does NOT work on Mac 32 bit

Does anyone here know?
I don't know specifically about this case, but NI has made clear they're not supporting new hardware 32bit kernel drivers on Mac. If the OS you're running is 64bit, which is OS X Lion 10.7 or higher, then 32bit Live still works. Of course, NI could stop support for 32bit hosts, but that would be pretty stiff on their part.

Personally, I use 64bits all the way. There are many good reasons to go 64bit on the Mac and very few not to (unsupported hardware being one). There's little or no speed penalty going all 64bit. This provided you have sufficient memory. The amount of used RAM will go up some, but very little in my experience. OS X these days is very good at handling memory. As a Live user you typically should use at least 4gb of RAM anyway, if not more.

In theory 64bit code is somewhat faster because it can be executed using twice as large memory registers. But this also depends on the structure of the applications involved and how they were compiled.

With Live 9 I've found 32bit versions and 64bit versions to be about the same in performance (on 64bit processors). I haven't tested with third party plug-ins though, which may give different results.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Make some music!

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
Asymmetricalmusic wrote:I just seen Komplete Control does NOT work on Mac 32 bit

Does anyone here know?
I don't know specifically about this case, but NI has made clear they're not supporting new hardware 32bit kernel drivers on Mac. If the OS you're running is 64bit, which is OS X Lion 10.7 or higher, then 32bit Live still works.

Also Logic Pro X doesn’t support 32bit plugins at all. Did a nice job of not displaying the countless plugins I no longer use anyway while forcing me to update the ones I do use. Tough love exists for a reason.

So another Apple type move by NI.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:07 pm

To get back to the original question of yours you can see at this NI page "KOMPLETE 10 ULTIMATE", The Ultimate Production Suite http;//goo.gl/HV37v1
that the System Requirements are Mac OS X 10.8 or 10.9 (latest update), both being 64bit only OSes and also an Intel Core 2 Duo, which is a 64bit processor.

As long as Komplete itself also is compiled with 32bit code it still should work. I have Komplete 9 so can't test the 10 with my 32bit Live 9.
Make some music!

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:02 pm

So it goes.....

I run Live - 32 bit on Mac 10.8.4

I've been trying to stay where I'm at cause my set works great and everythings perfect,

still I'd like to upgrade to the Ultimate from my old Komplete 5

any suggestions are welcome but I don't see myself upgrading till I have to get a new computer in a couple years.....

maybe that means no Komplete for me.........oh well

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Asymmetricalmusic wrote:So it goes.....

I run Live - 32 bit on Mac 10.8.4

I've been trying to stay where I'm at cause my set works great and everythings perfect,

still I'd like to upgrade to the Ultimate from my old Komplete 5

any suggestions are welcome but I don't see myself upgrading till I have to get a new computer in a couple years.....

maybe that means no Komplete for me.........oh well

Maybe write NI support with your situation and find out.

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:18 pm

just got a reply back from the mod of their forum

"you will be able to to run Komplete 10 plugins

but not Komplete Kontrol

sowari"

There we have it .........