Hot plugging, control surfaces resetting to top of set

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TYLRbass

Hot plugging, control surfaces resetting to top of set

Post by TYLRbass » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:52 pm

Is it normal that when I plug/unplug other MIDI controllers that all of my control surfaces will reset?

For example, I've got APC40MK2 and Ableton Push plugged in to my computer, both boxes have been scrolled down, and all around the set, now if I were to plug in another MIDI controller, on unplug one of the two suddenly the control surfaces will RESET back to the top left... This isn't too big of a deal in the studio, and during a live situation I realize that it's not advisable to plug/unplug more controllers during the show but if ANY of my connections go down during a set I'm all of the sudden screwed over by the fact that my APC40 and Push are reset to the top of my set, they even become unresponsive for a short time while Live is re-initializing the scripts.

I guess my question here is: is this normal behavior? Should I expect that if I plug/unplug any MIDI controller that any and all controller scripts will be reset? If it's not normal behavior then I must have something set up wrong and maybe someone would be able to tell me what I can do.

S4racen

Re: Hot plugging, control surfaces resetting to top of set

Post by S4racen » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:16 pm

It does this on mine...

Cheers
D

TYLRbass

Re: Hot plugging, control surfaces resetting to top of set

Post by TYLRbass » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Okay so at least I'm not the only one.. I'll have to submit this as a feature request? to have them not reset when other MIDI controllers are plugged in and out.. I could see why initializing more control surfaces would make everything reset but what if it's simply a MIDI keyboard with it's Track inputs engaged and nothing else? Thanks for the response, S4racen