Reaktor 5 problem with Configure Mode in Ableton 9

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Kvetch

Reaktor 5 problem with Configure Mode in Ableton 9

Post by Kvetch » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi folks,

I am pulling my hair out about this one. I am doing a large hardware project at the moment with Ableton, running a custom Reaktor patch which is controlled with a BCR2000 controller.

I can configure the perimeters fine, and then edit them with the knobs on my BCR. When I change the BCR knob the perimeter changes, and when I change the perimeter on screen it automatically changes the LEDs around the knobs on the BCR to reflect, sweet!BUT...

Double clicking a knob in Reaktor to set it back to default, or right clicking the knob and selecting "Set to Default" DOES NOT update Ableton's configure mode. This means that now my Ableton and BCR both do not reflect the current state of any perimeter in my Reaktor patch. Its really bugging me as my whole new setup idea relies on this working :(

Here is the knob after changing it and just before resetting it to default:

I have moved the "smooth" knob up to 0.47 with my mouse and both Ableton and my BCR have changed to reflect this edit. Then I right click the "Smooth" knob in Reaktor and select "Set to Default" and this happens:

Here Reaktor has reset the value to zero, but Ableton has not updated and more importantly has therefore not sent this perimeter update to my BCR, so both the BCR and Ableton now show the wrong value for this perimeter. Once I have edited a few perimeters this way my BCR and Ableton no longer reflect the state of my Reaktor patch AT ALL.

Please please help me Im stressing for hours over this :)

Kvetch

Re: Reaktor 5 problem with Configure Mode in Ableton 9

Post by Kvetch » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Just to clarify this is a problem with Ableton only, doing the exact same thing in Reaktor standalone mode works perfectly

UnderwaterSunlight

Reaktor 5 problem with Configure Mode in Ableton 9 and Cubas

Post by UnderwaterSunlight » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:07 am

All right, I tested this myself, i.e. the newest Reaktor 5.9.2 VST plugin in Ableton Live 8.4.2 x64.
I can confirm this behavior. It looks like a bug in Reaktor rather than in Ableton since I was also able to reproduce that demeanor in the hosts Cubase 5 x64 and Reaper 4 x64 with the assignment of a "Quick Control" (Cubase) or "Track Control" (Reaper).

Seems that NI failed to properly implement the transmission of the "Set To Default" parameter value change.

So I posted a reply in the NI Reaktor bugs thread in their forum:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... gs.214810/
(Reply #11)
Mac Pro 6,1 (Late 2013), 64 GB RAM, 256 GB PCIE SSD, 1TB data/projects SSD, MacOS 10.14 Mojave, Ableton 10 Standard, Komplete 7, Waves Silver, Steinberg UR22 mkII