Using Ableton to sequence MainStage

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
AdamJames306

Using Ableton to sequence MainStage

Post by AdamJames306 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Hey guys, I'm a bass player wanting to use Live to sequence CC's and other MIDI data in MainStage for live performance. I've been a long-time Logic user, but for whatever reason, when I send MIDI date over the IAC from Logic X to MainStage 3 there is an absurd amount of latency which renders it unusable.

For instance, I'd like to be able to, in the middle of a song, switch off one Amp plugin and switch on another. Or sweep a High-Pass filter in an EQ plugin. I want to be able to do all this hands free, so everything would have to be automated. That automation would be written before hand, so all I have to do is play.

I know I can do this in Ableton Live alone. But I REALLY like the guitar processing in MainStage. It's just far superior to Live, sonically, and in terms of interface. I don't really want to shell out more money for third party software like Guitar Rig, plus, I've already fine-tuned a lot of tones in MS3 and I don't want to start from scratch.

Unfortunately, I've some suspicion that the problem lies with MainStage 3 itself. It's less than a year old, and all the videos I've seen of people doing what I'm describing have them doing it on MainStage 2. So, this may be a moot point, but I'm hoping there's a solution somewhere.

Thoughts? Advice?