correct way to save Reaktor preset within a chain?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Schmidi

correct way to save Reaktor preset within a chain?

Post by Schmidi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:13 pm

Having trouble when I load a song I was working on that used a Reaktor FX patch in the chain.

When I load any song with Reaktor FX patches, they don't open the actual ensemble, it's just a blank Reakto instance and I have to re-associate the ensemble that was used (which is tough to remember after a few days/weeks!)

I'm no Reaktor master, but ever time I open an ensemble/FX it prompts me to "save a local copy". Should I do this to avoid the problem described above?

Or, would grouping the entire track into a rack fix this problem?

Thank you

Stromkraft

Re: correct way to save Reaktor preset within a chain?

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:46 pm

Schmidi wrote:Having trouble when I load a song I was working on that used a Reaktor FX patch in the chain.

When I load any song with Reaktor FX patches, they don't open the actual ensemble, it's just a blank Reakto instance and I have to re-associate the ensemble that was used (which is tough to remember after a few days/weeks!)

I'm no Reaktor master, but ever time I open an ensemble/FX it prompts me to "save a local copy". Should I do this to avoid the problem described above?

Or, would grouping the entire track into a rack fix this problem?

Thank you
I'm not sure about the rack idea, but I saved my own copy of the ensemble. Though I didn't have any problems with getting back to the preset sound in the specific song even before I started doing that. I just couldn't save my sounds out as a preset before I did.
Make some music!